Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

CD Contents - Flash?

Options
  • 21-09-2013 9:24am
    Moderators, Category Moderators, Entertainment Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators, Regional East Moderators Posts: 18,422 CMod ✭✭✭✭

Hey,

My work colleague's role is working with young people and sometimes this involves use of images and Powerpoint. One aspect is sort of Flash based (I think). Basically, she uses a CD and moves the cursor over the content and it changes. Half the image looks normal, half distorted. I've no experience in Flash, btw.

When she speaks to the youth groups they generally provide the technology and she provides the content. More and more she's encountering tablets and laptops without CD drives. There is a copy of most of this on our server and it's all ours, so no issues with copyright. Is there some way we can replicate the interactivity bit so that it doesn't mean we have to rely on a CD? Or that it can be put on our website (it would likely have to be password protected), or onto a USB stick? The main thing is to keep the functionality. It would be easy to just take the core images and run them as slides one after the other, but that kinda loses the message of what we're trying to show.

We XP machines in work, nothing fancy.

Advertisement