Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Gameweek 5 Matchday thread (GW1 of FSA CL)

Comments

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 9,425 ✭✭✭FearDark

Mint Sauce wrote: »
    Yeah sure, rub it in.

Thats what she said :pac:

dahat wrote: »
    Disaster?Go way will ya,reading posts here your **** score of 59 is pretty decent...
    Idiotic posts like that do my head in

Calm down child.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 16,838 ✭✭✭✭dahat

FearDark wrote: »
    Calm down child.

It was a post that you knew was going to annoy folk,if you had read 3 posts lets alone a page or two you would have realised your scored was pretty decent.
    Moaning about a good score in a week such as this is a sure fore way to get a reaction like mine.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,881 ✭✭✭TimeToShine

43, RVP not getting a game is a real disaster IMO. Barkley and Brady saving my ass even though they were supposed to be the cheap option.

dahat wrote: »
    It was a post that you knew was going to annoy folk,if you had read 3 posts lets alone a page or two you would have realised your scored was pretty decent.
    Moaning about a good score in a week such as this is a sure fore way to get a reaction like mine.

It's a game ffs. If you're getting that pissed off about it Fantasy Football is the least of your problems.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 29,293 ✭✭✭✭Mint Sauce

It's a game ffs. If you're getting that pissed off about it Fantasy Football is the least of your problems.

The fact was that you posted one of, if not the highest score on the thread by a long shot, and still proclaimed you had a disaster.

You could see why people might be disapointed or annoyed.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 39,595 ✭✭✭✭KevIRL

Whats your team ID number FearDark?

How do I get that?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 10,969 ✭✭✭✭alchemist33

Was happy enough with my 43 until I looked at work colleagues scores in the boards pay league -- all beyter than me and one will have 80 after subs.

Not so happy now

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,734 ✭✭✭Fowler87

Mayo lose another AI and fpl is a disastrous this GW. Ah well back to normality :pac:

• Advertisement

Was happy enough with my 43 until I looked at work colleagues scores in the boards pay league -- all beyter than me and one will have 80 after subs.

Not so happy now

Same here, was happy til I saw what the rest of the league got.

• Registered Users Posts: 4 Uninterested Orange

47 and minus 4 for transfers. A lot worse than expected especially seeming I had 20 with 2 players yesterday. Strikers let me down especially captaining Soldado. Think a wildcard next week but thankfully still better than others in friends league.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,022 ✭✭✭jamesbere

Right 32 points this week, poor week. Where to start, Walcott, barfa, soldado, redmond all disasters for me. had boruc, fonte and brady sitting on the bench and to make things worse vidic is my first sub. The only one good thing was barkley and to be fair mignolet got 4 with conceding a goal which was something.

For next week Soldado and Walcott out, Rooney and ozil in. Lets hope next week is better ;)

• Registered Users Posts: 2,675 ✭✭✭thunderdog

I've just realised that none of my 3 strikers have scored at all over the last 3 gameweek's....needless to say it hasn't been a good start to fantasy football this year

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 36,369 ✭✭✭✭SlickRic

Disaster for me too. 59 points, Jose Enrique and Frank Lampard I'm looking at you.

kindly fúck off.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,122 ✭✭✭Starscream25

Yup I was one of those with rvp as captain today, had silva on aswell, sold Baines 2 weeks ago��36 points today

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,794 ✭✭✭Mr. Guappa

50 points for the week. I'll happily take that!

Strikeforce was a disaster:
    Benteke (C) - 1
    RVP - DNP - Sub Chester - 1
    Soldado - 1

Michu, Vertonghen, Ramsey and Brady dug me out.

When did Michu get upgraded to 3 BPs? Last I saw he was on 0.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 12,065 ✭✭✭✭eh i dunno

Delighted with 54 but my 3 strikers inc cap got me 7 points

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,747 ✭✭✭Swiper the fox

30 for a finish for the week, absolutely brutal but should be a low enough average and most serious players won't have scored over 50 so very little ground lost I'm sure.

Fear dark, your team id is the long number in your address bar when your looking at your points for the week. 59 is a great score.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 153 ✭✭Want2know

Fowler87 wrote: »
    Mayo lose another AI and fpl is a disastrous this GW. Ah well back to normality :pac:

Mayo losing AI's is gettting to be the norm at this stage. Not that Im happy about it :(

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,806 ✭✭✭q2ice

Just checked the average in my paid league for the sake of it and it was 47
    Think the average will be around 44 this week

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 9,600 ✭✭✭roryc

Disaster for me too. 59 points, Jose Enrique and Frank Lampard I'm looking at you.

Exactly what I was alluding to earlier. People getting a massive score and then saying 'can't complain'. This lad saying disaster has got to be joking.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 33,709 ✭✭✭✭Cantona's Collars

Thought I got 50,turns out I got 51.....yipee:pac:

Scraped that with 10 players due to RVP not playing.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,912 ✭✭✭kilburn

Site updated average is 47 and i got 47 relieved with that

That high? My 40 looks terrible now.

• Advertisement

I was full sure the average was going to be low 30's

Looking at the rank i think i have dropped from 200k down to 490k

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 48,256 ✭✭✭✭km79

Walcott captain rvp vice captain..... Berbatov.....lampard......36 points :-( minimum 4 point hit this week......

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,056 ✭✭✭Sooner or Later

29 points.

Red arrows everywhere.

Berb and Lamps are the 2 to fast track out there RVP has nice fixtures coming up, saying that i dumped him earlier to Suarez to free up cash to jump on the Ozil bandwagon

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,049 ✭✭✭unkymo

28, an absolute disaster of a week!

Giroud was captain, No RVP or Walcott(VC), Snodgrass misses a penalty, Nothing from Hazard, Moses, Lambert, Coleman, M Turner and Joe Hart lost a clean sheet with 2 minutes to go!

If it wasn't for Mertesacker, I'd have barely got 20.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,806 ✭✭✭q2ice

q2ice wrote: »
    Just checked the average in my paid league for the sake of it and it was 47
    Think the average will be around 44 this week
    kilburn wrote: »
    Site updated average is 47 and i got 47 relieved with that

I got a good score this week and am delighted with it.
    But this all goes in swings and roundabouts.

(As with nearly every week last year) Chances are I will be reading about the great scores everyone will be getting next week while I will be looking at a really crap one.

Talking about low scores - there was one week last year where I ended up with a total of 12 points and everyone on here was getting 50s

• Registered Users Posts: 2,650 ✭✭✭Munster Magic

57 for me, delighted with that considering Giroud(c), Sturridge and Benteke failed to deliver and Walcott didn't play which luckily meant Brady came off the bench with 12 and Barkely came in for Wisdom. 11 from Paulinho was a nice bonus too

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,518 ✭✭✭NinjaTruncs

52, only regret is putting Brady as second sub even though I didn't expect City's defence to keep a clean sheet and Zabaleta came on for 2 :(, but who was to know Brady would score so well. Özil Ramsey and Terry got me most of my points this week.

Strike force got an impressive 7 points but that is average this week.

On to next week, who to swap Hazard for...

4.3kWp South facing PV System. South Dublin

Yep, I had Brady 2nd sub too. Nightmare.

Glad to be rid of Soldado though. I'll be deciding in the next hour whether or not to wildcard.

• Registered Users Posts: 17,022 ✭✭✭✭Iused2likebusts

54 pts for me.Went with 3 big defenders and mainly set up to play 3 4 3. Glad to see the goals returning to the PL these last 2 gws.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 10,969 ✭✭✭✭alchemist33

57 for me, delighted with that considering Giroud(c), Sturridge and Benteke failed to deliver and Walcott didn't play which luckily meant Brady came off the bench with 12 and Barkely came in for Wisdom. 11 from Paulinho was a nice bonus too

Get with the system, man. 57's a disaster now ;)

I have learned a valuable lesson this week always always always arrange your subs ! Ward Prowse came on with Barkley as third sub

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators Posts: 15,237 Mod ✭✭✭✭FutureGuy

MOD: Looking at your history, I don't believe you for a second. Do not troll this forum. Are we clear?

SlickRic wrote: »
    kindly fúck off.

272896.jpg

The circled team are mine, this is the league I'm in. There's absolutely no need to tell anyone to **** off tbh. Points are relative, my post was relative. Reported your post too.

FutureGuy wrote: »

MOD: Looking at your history, I don't believe you for a second. Do not troll this forum. Are we clear?

I posted my team, I posted my table, I went backwards. Tell me the bit where I trolled?

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 2,231 ✭✭✭BNMC

Jesus guys, calm down. It's only a bit of fun FFS.

No need to be telling guys to f*** off.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,818 ✭✭✭Inspector Coptoor

66 points. Very happy with that
    Ozil with 3 assists and 2 bonus points.
    brought Paulinho in as captain and he delivered.

Have three players doubtful now, two yellow and one red.
    3.1M in the bank
    bit of surgery needed

• Registered Users Posts: 1,303 ✭✭✭Mike Ehrmantraut

Dropped 200,000 places this week... Actually don't feel too bad about that,:eek: thought it would've been a lot more.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,608 ✭✭✭cathalio11

Leave the chap alone.

Not near the best in his league and had the potential to be an amazing GW with his bench.

Better off moving on and talking about how awesome Ramsey is guys.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,608 ✭✭✭cathalio11

brought Paulinho in as captain and he delivered.

This is not sarcasm or an attempt to wind up, but you honestly deserve a medal.

That's a risky and genius move.

Dropped 200,000 places this week... Actually don't feel too bad about that,:eek: thought it would've been a lot more.

Knew I'd drop back from 200k but 550k is a bit harsh! I have an itchy trigger finger now over the wildcard button.

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators Posts: 15,237 Mod ✭✭✭✭FutureGuy

I posted my team, I posted my table, I went backwards. Tell me the bit where I trolled?

1. Do not question my moderator decisions.

2. You said you had a disaster of a week. Of the 6 teams you posted, you had the fourth best score. Two of the three ahead beat you my a mere 2 and 4 points, respectively. Not a disaster at all.

To other posters, please report any posts you feel require a mods attention. Thank you.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,303 ✭✭✭Mike Ehrmantraut

roryc wrote: »
    Knew I'd drop back from 200k but 550k is a bit harsh! I have an itchy trigger finger now over the wildcard button.

Haha, i'd be on that already only I used my wildcard already! Still tempted to make changes and take a 4 or 8 pt hit.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,141 ✭✭✭G1032

I dropped 600,000 places this week. 600,000. That's all I have to say.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,518 ✭✭✭NinjaTruncs

Spare a thought for this guy http://fantasy.premierleague.com/entry/916667/event-history/5/, cpt'd Aguero rather than Baines imagine how annoyed he is!

4.3kWp South facing PV System. South Dublin

Advertisement