Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Gameweek 5 Matchday thread (GW1 of FSA CL)

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 16,305 ✭✭✭✭Mr.Prodston

wonski wrote: »

Still had a better GW than most of us :pac:

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 13,685 ✭✭✭✭wonski

Still had a better GW than most of us :pac:

Look at his history - he is generally good player. Was it wildcard fail or what? 6000 transfers took some time to make...

thunderdog wrote: »
    Am I reading that right that there are 15000 people with lower scores than that??

No, I think the tables for these 2 leagues (overall and gameweek 1) are not up to date yet...

• Registered Users Posts: 314 ✭✭Doris300

Only 45 points :( down to around 60,000th

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 14,136 ✭✭✭✭Rayne Wooney

How can you possibly make 6,000 transfers??

Is this the fantasy football equivalent of a FIFA rage quit??

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,806 ✭✭✭q2ice

No, I think the tables for these 2 leagues (overall and gameweek 1) are not up to date yet...

The overall and gameweek tables have been updated.
    The others have not been updated yet.

He took some points hit: over 24,000 points :pac:

q2ice wrote: »
    The overall and gameweek tables have been updated.
    The others have not been updated yet.

He took some points hit: over 24,000 points :pac:

Surely if you are last in overall, then you are last in gameweek 1 league. Unless I am missing something.

Edit: Got it now - 500000 players joined after GW1, hence the difference.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,022 ✭✭✭jamesbere

I dont feel too bad after that :pac::pac:

Somebody hacked his account I'm guessing, still 6000 transfers must of taken some time to do, somebody had a lot of time on their hands

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,474 ✭✭✭YeatsCounty

20 points (including -4 for a hit).
    Dropped nearly 900,000 places in the world.
    GW rank of over 2.8 million.
    Lost 40-50+ points on all of my mini league rivals.

I'm off for a little cry.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 4,042 ✭✭✭zl1whqvjs75cdy

Just going to pretend this week didn't happen. Absolutely shocking stuff.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 22,251 ✭✭✭✭Lemlin

I thought my 46 was going to be good until I saw the average score was 47!

Thank fook I didn't take a hit last week. Dropped 200k or so anyway. Can't remember to where exactly. Just want to forget this week and move on!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 9,600 ✭✭✭roryc

I've had 3/5 gameweek scores of 1 millionth or lower, culminating in being outside the top 2 million this week. Not good.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,389 ✭✭✭Thanos

Just going to pretend this week didn't happen. Absolutely shocking stuff.

Think this is one of my worst weeks ever.......................

Whittaker did not start,
    Benteke off after 27 mins and no goals
    Walcott does not start
    Agger off after 56 mins
    Zabaleta no clean sheet as Rooney scores on 87mins
    Arsenal score 3 goals but Giroud (as captain) does nothing

If Brady had not come in from the bench it would have been even worse.

I am just going to stop thinking about this week now and move on, cannot have another week this bad this season............................ (i hope :( )

• Registered Users Posts: 17,022 ✭✭✭✭Iused2likebusts

Thanos wrote: »
    Think this is one of my worst weeks ever.......................

Whittaker did not start,
    Benteke off after 27 mins and no goals
    Walcott does not start
    Agger off after 56 mins
    Zabaleta no clean sheet as Rooney scores on 87mins
    Arsenal score 3 goals but Giroud (as captain) does nothing

If Brady had not come in from the bench it would have been even worse.

I am just going to stop thinking about this week now and move on, cannot have another week this bad this season............................ (i hope :( )
    I think the reason a lot of people scored badly in here this week is because of the new bp system. Lots of people would have wildcarded to play 4 or in some cases 5 strong defenders and none of them delivered bar the chelsea ones. Also benteke, sturridge, giroud, rvp, soldado failed to deliver. All talk has been about defenders and strikers with little heed played to midfield. It was by and large the midfielders that delivered this week for the first time ozil, michu, brady, yaya, barkley, ramsey.
    Aplogies Thanos I dont know why I quoted your post there.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 13,370 ✭✭✭✭8-10

roryc wrote: »
    I've had 3/5 gameweek scores of 1 millionth or lower, culminating in being outside the top 2 million this week. Not good.

I've had the same though just creeped into top 2mil this week

This season has been no fun.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 12,318 ✭✭✭✭Menas

It really has been a funny start to the season. There are not real template teams as we have seen over the past few years. I am currently 800k overall, by far my worst start ever.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,747 ✭✭✭Swiper the fox

Brilliant:pac:, his team name and Real? name are also superb, I assume i'm not the only one to notice.

Brilliant:pac:, his team name and Real? name are also superb, I assume i'm not the only one to notice.

class just noticed that there. Very clever.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 11,589 ✭✭✭✭Necronomicon

After how Saturday went I can't quite believe I finished on 61. I got more than a bit lucky, though, with Barkley and Brady coming off the bench for Walcott and RVP.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,818 ✭✭✭Inspector Coptoor

I got 66, green arrows everywhere.

Paulinho (c), Ozil, Barkley & Shaw doing most of the work for me.

3.1M in the bank.

1 transfer.
    Have RVP, Benteke & Hughes all flagged with injuries.

Looking at Rooney for RVP on Friday which will then give me 6.5M or so in the bank.

Team value now up to 103.1M

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 13,224 ✭✭✭✭SantryRed

****. Me.

After Saturday, I was sitting pretty on 20 points with 7 left to play including my captain.

Cue ****ing RVP, Walcott and Silva not playing. Ferdinand coming off the bench for a tonking, ****ing City deciding to concede in the 87th, and it was a **** **** week.

36 points overall and reds all around. Think I need to jump off the RVP train, get on the Ozil one.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 21,296 ✭✭✭✭gimmick

An unmitigated disaster of a weekend. 30 points.

My strikers have been awful - Lambert, Soldado and RVP since wild carding after week 1.

I captained Moses for a heady 4 points.

I used the wrong keeper again in using Mignolet over Boruc.

Ferdinand off the bench for a zero. At least Canas came off the bench to be my 3rd top scorer with 3.

Looking at GW 6 and I foresee another disaster.

Im just lucky that 2 fellas in my main league are worse than me.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,687 ✭✭✭Danger781

Lads, some people in here need to lighten up.. Not going to call out names but there's two or three people in here need to a take a damn chill pill.. Some over the top reactions and responses yesterday..

Anyways, back on topic..

35 points :mad:

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 36,369 ✭✭✭✭SlickRic

it's depressing seeing the amount of shíte players ahead of me in some of my private leagues now.

i'm at 1.1m in the world.

surely it can only go up from here?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,205 ✭✭✭Lucas Hood

gimmick wrote: »
    An unmitigated disaster of a weekend. 30 points.

My strikers have been awful - Lambert, Soldado and RVP since wild carding after week 1.

I captained Moses for a heady 4 points.

I used the wrong keeper again in using Mignolet over Boruc.

Ferdinand off the bench for a zero. At least Canas came off the bench to be my 3rd top scorer with 3.

Looking at GW 6 and I foresee another disaster.

Im just lucky that 2 fellas in my main league are worse than me.

Mignolet was the right keeper to play .

Not in hindsight he wasn't ;)

• Registered Users Posts: 4,094 ✭✭✭SpaceCowb0y

SlickRic wrote: »
    it's depressing seeing the amount of shíte players ahead of me in some of my private leagues now.

i'm at 1.1m in the world.

surely it can only go up from here?

You and me both pal... right there with you! Desperate stuff, I've never been at the very top of the spectrum but this has been a shocking start to the season and it seems to be getting worse each week! Really need a good run of at least 3 or 4 big weeks solid to get me back in the mix and keep me interested. Not sure how I feel going into this gameweek though as I'm not hopeful of any of my defenders keeping a CS.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 9,600 ✭✭✭roryc

I wouldn't worry too much, we're only 5 weeks in. Although the longer this goes on the bigger the gap and the harder it is to get back in the mix. At the moment I'm sitting in 550,000th after dropping the last two weeks. I'm 28 points off the top 100k, and this is my aim over the next few weeks. After that I'll aim for top 50k, which is 40 points away atm. If I could be here by Christmas I'll be more than happy, I just need to make back 5 points per week. I've wildcarded now and will hopefully claw back some ground from next week onwards.

Obviously not a great start for most of us on here, but I would guess there are a lot more 'novice' players in the top 200k this season. This will hopefully mean that the gap won't open as quickly as in previous seasons, as the novice players eventually run out of luck while their £98m teams fall apart. Doing badly is one thing, but when most other seasoned players are also doing badly it's a bit more comforting!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 14,556 ✭✭✭✭retalivity

Went 5 at the back and it completely backfired (apart from mert) giroud as captain, soldado, moses, hazard.......nothing.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 11,996 ✭✭✭✭billymitchell

Glad to see that I am not the only one having a nightmare start to the season.
    It can only get better from here on

• Advertisement

???
    I sometimes am slow...

• Registered Users Posts: 14,193 ✭✭✭✭Kerrydude1981

Made a right balls up,Walcott as captain and RVP as vice captain but lucky in a way that most the lads captain choices did very little

would I be right in assuming most of us have gone without ramsey as we feel his run of goals will dry up(which maybe we are wrong on this) and stuck with other options in the arsenal midfield namely walcott. Whereas players that put less thought into the game probably seen he scored looked at his low price and piled in and have been well rewarded. This may go someway to explaining why so many of us are off to a bad start mixed in with becoming aware of the new BPs and altering our backlines which failed to work out this week. Im just inside the top 500K feel Im doing Ok as Rory C pointed out in years gone by Id be more worried as theres a lot of lads who know what they are doing worse off than me. Personally want to be inside the top 200k come gw 10 its way too early to be panicking.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,094 ✭✭✭SpaceCowb0y

would I be right in assuming most of us have gone without ramsey as we feel his run of goals will dry up(which maybe we are wrong on this) and stuck with other options in the arsenal midfield namely walcott. Whereas players that put less thought into the game probably seen he scored looked at his low price and piled in and have been well rewarded. This may go someway to explaining why so many of us are off to a bad start mixed in with becoming aware of the new BPs and altering our backlines which failed to work out this week. Im just inside the top 500K feel Im doing Ok as Rory C pointed out in years gone by Id be more worried as theres a lot of lads who know what they are doing worse off than me. Personally want to be inside the top 200k come gw 10 its way too early to be panicking.

Ive stuck with Walcott so far, haven't really contemplated Ramsey despite his run of good form as ive been looking more long term at Ozil but i still feel Walcott is due to hit form soon enough, hoping this flag is nothing major and he'll play next week and prove me right, it's getting harder to ignore the fact that Ozil is already proving to be an assist machine and im getting left behind although i cant quite afford him now as im planning on bringing Suarez in this week!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 9,798 ✭✭✭Mr. Incognito

Lanyard "Iused2likebusts;86676757"]would I be right in assuming most of us have gone without ramsey as we feel his run of goals will dry up(which maybe we are wrong on this) and stuck with other options in the arsenal midfield namely walcott. Whereas players that put less thought into the game probably seen he scored looked at his low price and piled in and have been well rewarded. This may go someway to explaining why so many of us are off to a bad start mixed in with becoming aware of the new BPs and altering our backlines which failed to work out this week. Im just inside the top 500K feel Im doing Ok as Rory C pointed out in years gone by Id be more worried as theres a lot of lads who know what they are doing worse off than me. Personally want to be inside the top 200k come gw 10 its way too early to be panicking.[/quote]

I have Ramsey since week two. Nailed on with soft fixtures in an attacking top team.

For half nothing. Anyone that doesn't have him is mad. Also brought in ozil this week for coutinho. And I am no novice player. 6th season. 389 best finish.

Lampard out for Ben arfa this week.

Dzecho is burning me but can't find anyone in that price range to swap to and I never take point hits and already hadthis weeks transfer

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 20,553 ✭✭✭✭Dempsey

55 points (-4)

Walcott subbed out for Brady to come in. Save me from a poor GW!

Ozil for Walcott in on my mind. Benteke should be fine for the next GW apparently (only after getting him)

I want Rooney (for Sturridge) aswell but reluctant to take another points hit

Lanyard "Iused2likebusts;86676757"]

I have Ramsey since week two. Nailed on with soft fixtures in an attacking top team.

For half nothing. Anyone that doesn't have him is mad. Also brought in ozil this week for coutinho. And I am no novice player. 6th season. 389 best finish.

Lampard out for Ben arfa this week.

Dzecho is burning me but can't find anyone in that price range to swap to and I never take point hits and already hadthis weeks transfer
    Re Ramsey it wasnt meant as a slight on anyone and fair play for getting him in. Its just that the player is on fire and there hasnt been a huge amount of talk about him in here and as most of us are struggling somewhat I feel the ramsey issue is somewhat to blame. I know Ive felt his goals are going to dry up and they havent and dont look like drying up either so it seems you are way ahead of the curve on that one.

Re Ramsey it wasnt meant as a slight on anyone and fair play for getting him in. Its just that the player is on fire and there hasnt been a huge amount of talk about him in here and as most of us are struggling somewhat I feel the ramsey issue is somewhat to blame. I know Ive felt his goals are going to dry up and they havent and dont look like drying up either so it seems you are way ahead of the curve on that one.

Even at today prices Ramsey isn't such a bad idea. Maybe Wenger was right about him after all? Ozil for me is more than enough - corners, free kicks and maybe even few goals (he had few attempts yesterday).
    If I didn't have Arsenal covered by now, I would definitely buy him for that price.

If points hit player is +2 points ahead of Dzeko for even 2 GWs this season until you wildcard than not making that transfer 'because you don't take hits' doesn't make any sesnse.

Dzeko wont see much gametime now (I had him for their start but knew he wasn't a long term option barring injury).

Lukaku is a fine replacement in same price bracket.

• Advertisement

Dempsey wrote: »
    55 points (-4)

Walcott subbed out for Brady to come in. Save me from a poor GW!

Ozil for Walcott in on my mind. Benteke should be fine for the next GW apparently (only after getting him)

I want Rooney (for Sturridge) aswell but reluctant to take another points hit

I am not sure if getting rid of Sturridge is such a good idea - we still don't know what form Suarez is in. Rooney and Sturridge have very similiar points potential - I wouldn't take a hit to do just that.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,936 ✭✭✭AdpRo

4 players scored 1 point and Collins with a lovely 0 points, thanks god for Terry and Brady as they got 24 of my 40 points! It's annoying seeing a load of people get Brady / Barkley off the bench though!

Actually, a buddy of mine left 28 ponts on his bench this week.

Boruc - 9
    Brady - 12
    Clyne - 7

I'm going to look on the bright side with my final post on GW5. 30 points but with my wildcard I changed from Sakho to Mertesacker with only minutes to spare. When the West Ham player was sent off I didn't catch the offenders name but assumed it was Collins as he had been booked and I knew it was the second yellow, and finally I heard that Chester had received a long term injury and thought he was in my final wildcard team but he wasn't(saves me a transfer anyway).
    My hard luck stories are far too long to start on:(

Re Wonski. Only the good Dai Young.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 9,798 ✭✭✭Mr. Incognito

My bench this week

Borouc 9
    Collins 0
    Barkley was it 8
    Morrisson 6

Lamps and dzecho make late appearances and Collins comes in for van p

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,518 ✭✭✭NinjaTruncs

His goals will dry up, however to suggest that you are a superior (based on "Whereas players that put less thought into the game") FF player because you didn't sign him is ridiculous. I've had Ramsey from the start for two reasons, 1. he was 5.5, 2. he was a starter in a team that gets a lot of goals, did I expect him to score this well no but I expected him to be one of the better midfield choices for his price.

Perhaps you were lucky in years past as the players you selected performed well when you picked them and this year they aren't performing, almost everyone picks a team they think is good, sometimes it works sometimes it doesn't, but trying to justify it yourself that others are getting lucky while your unfortunate is taking the game a bit too serious.

Basically sometimes it works some times it doesn't, don't try to justify why it doesn't, it just doesn't

4.3kWp South facing PV System. South Dublin

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,568 ✭✭✭thewools

Blessed that Brady came in...

He was thirst sub... Lescott was first sub and didn't play thank god! Got 34 points - would have a total disaster if Brady didnt come in...

Now in a-right mess - Walcott, RVP, Lescott, Chester, Benteke all either doubts or not getting games.. :mad:

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 20,553 ✭✭✭✭Dempsey

I am not sure if getting rid of Sturridge is such a good idea - we still don't know what form Suarez is in. Rooney and Sturridge have very similiar points potential - I wouldn't take a hit to do just that.

They'll struggle without Coutinho despite Suarez coming back imo

• Registered Users Posts: 16,305 ✭✭✭✭Mr.Prodston

Damn you Swiper it's stuck in my head now :pac:

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,749 ✭✭✭Dr. Bre

i had no captain this gamweek that is all..

His goals will dry up, however to suggest that you are a superior (based on "Whereas players that put less thought into the game") FF player because you didn't sign him is ridiculous. I've had Ramsey from the start for two reasons, 1. he was 5.5, 2. he was a starter in a team that gets a lot of goals, did I expect him to score this well no but I expected him to be one of the better midfield choices for his price.

Perhaps you were lucky in years past as the players you selected performed well when you picked them and this year they aren't performing, almost everyone picks a team they think is good, sometimes it works sometimes it doesn't, but trying to justify it yourself that others are getting lucky while your unfortunate is taking the game a bit too serious.

Basically sometimes it works some times it doesn't, don't try to justify why it doesn't, it just doesn't

He just keeps scoring, it's annoying for me but I still don't plan to bring him in, he just falls between the two stools in my thinking, he's had a great head start but I'm hoping that my current picks(Ben Arfa, Mirallas and Eriksen, original I know) will outscore him from here on in, I'm supremely confident that Walcott will. I'd have Ramsey if I played five in the middle, something which I contemplated last week while wildcarding but decided to plough on with 3-4-3 for the moment. In short he was too expensive for my 5th mid spot and I was happy enough with the rest of my team not to have to accommodate him to save money, like you say we all think we're doing the best thing.
    I think you might have taken busts up wrong but I see what you're getting at, his point is valid, players often have a great week and get a pile of transfers in which often don't work out and they end up being transferred out a few weeks later, Ramsey is one of these gifts that keeps giving. I think I'm being clever(for the reasons outlined above) by ignoring him but he's made/making a fool of me.

• Advertisement
Advertisement