Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Gameweek 5 Matchday thread (GW1 of FSA CL)

1151617181921»

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 9,600 ✭✭✭roryc

That is a minor issue. Most people's captains got 1 or 2 points.

• Registered Users Posts: 17,022 ✭✭✭✭Iused2likebusts

His goals will dry up, however to suggest that you are a superior (based on "Whereas players that put less thought into the game") FF player because you didn't sign him is ridiculous. I've had Ramsey from the start for two reasons, 1. he was 5.5, 2. he was a starter in a team that gets a lot of goals, did I expect him to score this well no but I expected him to be one of the better midfield choices for his price.

Perhaps you were lucky in years past as the players you selected performed well when you picked them and this year they aren't performing, almost everyone picks a team they think is good, sometimes it works sometimes it doesn't, but trying to justify it yourself that others are getting lucky while your unfortunate is taking the game a bit too serious.

Basically sometimes it works some times it doesn't, don't try to justify why it doesn't, it just doesn't

You have taken me up wrong however I can see why you did, I certainly didnt mean to come across as arrogant. I was trying to say its surprising that so many on here seem to have missed a trick with ramsey (500k transferred him in last week). A lot of people will transfer in the latest player that scores thinking its a great option a lot of times its not. I get that if you picked ramsey and correctly identified him as a great option you would think who does your man think he is. I was just trying to say that a lot on here incorrectly assumed that ramseys goal would not be followed up and it has contributed to a lot of players starts being worse than expected. If you read back over my 2 posts on the issue you will see I never said people that got him in were lucky.

• Registered Users Posts: 17,022 ✭✭✭✭Iused2likebusts

He just keeps scoring, it's annoying for me but I still don't plan to bring him in, he just falls between the two stools in my thinking, he's had a great head start but I'm hoping that my current picks(Ben Arfa, Mirallas and Eriksen, original I know) will outscore him from here on in, I'm supremely confident that Walcott will. I'd have Ramsey if I played five in the middle, something which I contemplated last week while wildcarding but decided to plough on with 3-4-3 for the moment. In short he was too expensive for my 5th mid spot and I was happy enough with the rest of my team not to have to accommodate him to save money, like you say we all think we're doing the best thing.
    I think you might have taken busts up wrong but I see what you're getting at, his point is valid, players often have a great week and get a pile of transfers in which often don't work out and they end up being transferred out a few weeks later, Ramsey is one of these gifts that keeps giving. I think I'm being clever(for the reasons outlined above) by ignoring him but he's made/making a fool of me.

thats what I was trying to say

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,806 ✭✭✭q2ice

would I be right in assuming most of us have gone without ramsey as we feel his run of goals will dry up(which maybe we are wrong on this) and stuck with other options in the arsenal midfield namely walcott. Whereas players that put less thought into the game probably seen he scored looked at his low price and piled in and have been well rewarded. This may go someway to explaining why so many of us are off to a bad start mixed in with becoming aware of the new BPs and altering our backlines which failed to work out this week. Im just inside the top 500K feel Im doing Ok as Rory C pointed out in years gone by Id be more worried as theres a lot of lads who know what they are doing worse off than me. Personally want to be inside the top 200k come gw 10 its way too early to be panicking.

Got in Ozil as soon as he became available (an immediate addition to any fantasy football - he is an assist legend)
    I brought in Ramsey straight after the game against Sunderland. Swapped Lucas for him and played a 5 man midfield this weekend (Ben Arfa, Yaya, Ozil, Ramsey and Barkley).

Ramsey was touted as the next big thing until the awful injury in 2010 against Hull. Looks like he is fulfilling some of that potential now. I am not saying he will outscore Ozil/Ramsey/Michu/Yaya but then again they are on a different price margin. I think he will outscore other players in his price range easily.

I can see Wegner playing Walcott and Giroud together up front - remember him saying enough times last year that he could play Walcott as a striker (first result from search: http://www.mirror.co.uk/sport/football/news/arsenal-vs-newcastle-arsene-wenger-1508673)

RE the team with -24K points:
    http://fantasy.premierleague.com/my-leagues/303/standings/?ls-page=58553
    Some private leagues give a pize for finishing last - this could be why
    Either that or someone is trying out some scripts.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,806 ✭✭✭q2ice

Arsenal play Swansea next weekend
    Swansea lost 5 of their last matches against London opposition (won against Crystal Palace yesterday)
    Just saying

• Registered Users Posts: 1,608 ✭✭✭cathalio11

Wenger won't play Walcott up front unless Giroud is injured.
    Two strikers up front for Arsenal is out of the question and will not happen at all. Wenger won't alter his formation.

Swansea and Arsenal will be a close game.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,141 ✭✭✭Santi101

Yeah I can see us slipping at Swansea. We didnt play well at all against Marseille or Stoke but good sign that we're finding a way to win games.

Least we have a free week leading up to that game. Our big players wont feature in the League Cup and they need the rest, especially Giroud, Ozil, Ramsey, Wilshere.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,675 ✭✭✭thunderdog

q2ice wrote: »
    Arsenal play Swansea next weekend
    Swansea lost 5 of their last matches against London opposition (won against Crystal Palace yesterday)
    Just saying

So do you reckon my Lampard-> Michu transfer might not be the best idea for this week?

Santi101 wrote: »
    Yeah I can see us slipping at Swansea. We didnt play well at all against Marseille or Stoke but good sign that we're finding a way to win games.

Least we have a free week leading up to that game. Our big players wont feature in the League Cup and they need the rest, especially Giroud, Ozil, Ramsey, Wilshere.

Giroud, Ozil and Wilshere all need rests in my opinion.

Ramsey can play 90 minutes in the morning and evening every day for 30 years and he wouldn't get tired :pac:

Jokes aside, I say Ramsey could do with a break too. Only help for the week-end.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 13,685 ✭✭✭✭wonski

cathalio11 wrote: »
    Giroud, Ozil and Wilshere all need rests in my opinion.

Ramsey can play 90 minutes in the morning and evening every day for 30 years and he wouldn't get tired :pac:

Jokes aside, I say Ramsey could do with a break too. Only help for the week-end.

Why would they need a rest?

• Advertisement

wonski wrote: »
    Why would they need a rest?

Because all of them have been involved in around 9-12 matches since the internationals the week before the season started.

They looked very tired towards the end of the Stoke game.

So resting them in the West Brom (Capital One Cup match) only makes sense.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 407 ✭✭Forever And Ever

Big Nick will get a run out in the C.O Cup

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,747 ✭✭✭Swiper the fox

Big Nick will get a run out in the C.O Cup

To be honest I don't think Giroud is much better than Bendtner, if he hits a bit of form he could be an option for Wenger, might take the guarantee of 90 mins every week away from Giroud at any rate.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 407 ✭✭Forever And Ever

To be honest I don't think Giroud is much better than Bendtner, if he hits a bit of form he could be an option for Wenger, might take the guarantee of 90 mins every week away from Giroud at any rate.

I agree with this

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,788 ✭✭✭Benimar

Not a hope.

Talent wise there may not be much in it but attitude wise they are miles apart. Big Nick is only there because no one would take him/Arsenal couldn't get in back up.

Walcott would start up front ahead of Bendtner in any important game if Giroud was out.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,747 ✭✭✭Swiper the fox

Benimar wrote: »
    Not a hope.

Talent wise there may not be much in it but attitude wise they are miles apart. Big Nick is only there because no one would take him/Arsenal couldn't get in back up.

Walcott would start up front ahead of Bendtner in any important game if Giroud was out.

You are probably right there but if he was to show a bit of form it's an option, he's likely to get a run out in a league game soon enough, he was a decent player, is still quite young and Giroud isn't exactly world class. I don't expect it to happen but it isn't a ridiculous idea.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,788 ✭✭✭Benimar

You are probably right there but if he was to show a bit of form it's an option, he's likely to get a run out in a league game soon enough, he was a decent player, is still quite young and Giroud isn't exactly world class. I don't expect it to happen but it isn't a ridiculous idea.

My Arsenal supporting mates may not agree with the last part :D

Personally, I can't see it happening, but if it does I think Wenger will have it well signposted.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 13,685 ✭✭✭✭wonski

cathalio11 wrote: »
    Because all of them have been involved in around 9-12 matches since the internationals the week before the season started.

They looked very tired towards the end of the Stoke game.

So resting them in the West Brom (Capital One Cup match) only makes sense.

These are proffesional players and are used to it. It happens every year/season.
    I do agree some might be rested for cup matches, but not for PL games (despite CL games being played every second week).

wonski wrote: »
    These are proffesional players and are used to it. It happens every year/season.
    I do agree some might be rested for cup matches, but not for PL games (despite CL games being played every second week).

I never said for PL games. I said for the Capital-One Cup match against West Brom.

I don't think it's unreasonable to rest tired players in a League Cup match.

• Advertisement

No disrespect intended, but I couldn't disagree more.

Giroud is composed and his build-up play is amazing. He fits in perfectly.

Bendtner doesn't match that in any way. Giroud is miles better than Bendtner.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 9,600 ✭✭✭roryc

Bullsh*t. Nikolas Bendtner is the best player in the world (so says his mum)

Advertisement