Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Is there anything more I can do (eFibre installation problems)?

Options
  • 21-09-2013 10:09am
    Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 42,456 Mod ✭✭✭✭

So yesterday we got eFibre installed. The installation guy was here at 2, gone 10 minutes later with everything seemingly set up. Only, when he left, we noticed our phoneline was dead. What followed was 3 hours on the phone to Eircom trying to get it fixed, or at least acknowledged. 

In that time, I spoke to about 18 different people (no joke). Some accepted that it was Eircom's responnsibility to fix the broken phoneline. Some said, because our phoneline is with Vodafone and our net is with Eircom, that our problem was with Vodafone (Vodafone, by the way, disagree; they say since it was the internet installation that buggered the line, it's Eircom's problem). I got bumped through multiple departments countless times; if I rang the support number on the bill, they transfered me to business department, who then would transfer me to the eFibre department who, by the sounds of it, were situated out in India.

At one stage, I tried ringing the number to cancel the service; he refused to let me do this, then refused to put me on to anyone higher than him (telling me his boss had gone home for the weekend). When he did eventually transfer me, it was to the Wholesales department, where a man with an American accent just basically tried shouting me down before hanging up on me midsentence.

Eventually I got it escalated, and was told someone would be out within 48 hours to the exchange, but when I told them it was Friday afternoon, I was told "Yeah, actually it'll be Monday at least then". Got through to the complaints department, and in fairness they at least told me they'd credit me a free month on my bill. Shame I've lost my phoneline for the few days, since as a taxi business, that means we'll be down a few hundred Euro for the weekend.

Now my internet is only working intermittently. When I rang up about that problem last night, I was told there was no record of me even being signed up for eFibre (despite the fact I had been told earlier my billing information HAD been updated to the new, more expensive plan). They were nearly implying I couldn't possibly be with eFibre, despite having a modem and the higher speeds and all.

The engineer arrived back out at one point, independently, saying he had forgotten something. When I told him what had been happening, he told me that it's possible there was a mistake down at the exchange and there was people there working constantly (including over the weekends) so it might get fixed soon (in direct contrast to earlier information that no one would be able to check the exchange till Monday). He also said he'd never heard of a similiar problem...despite the fact Vodafone are telling me it's a common problem Eircom are causing with people who want their internet but not their phoneline deals.

So yeah. Was wondering....what can I do now? As it stands, I've got no phone line, a wonky internet, promises of different times when it will be looked at with different stories as to who is at fault and who will fix it. It's been a nightmare experience so far with eFibre and it's not even in for 24 hours yet. The complaints department has my case on record, but that was before the net started mucking me about and the engineer started feeding me a story that contradicts the one I was getting on the line. I feel yesterday I was passed all over the place, some people being very rude in the process. And now I feel utterly powerless.

Is there anything else I can do or am I left twiddling my thumbs in the hopes that someone might look at see if (as Vodafone reckons) a wire has come lose at the exchange and needs to be plugged back in?

Comments

• Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 42,456 Mod ✭✭✭✭Lord TSC

To add to that, my internet connection has only gotten worse all day. It stays up for 5 minutes and then it drops, the dsl light going out on my modem. Means I can't really play games online, stream stuff, etc. My neighbor actually is having that problem too, and they got it installed a day before me, and have spent most of the last 48 hours on the phone but also getting the same shambolic treatment. The engineer before he left yesterday told me that he'd see what was happening at the exchange in case there was a problem and would call me to give me an update; surprise surprise, no word back from him either.

I'd call Eircom about the intermittent connection problems with my net, but when I tried last night, they didn't want to even talk to me cause I wasn't down on their system as having eFibre, so I was also wondering if one of the reps on here might confirm if my file has been updated so I'm not wasting my time ringing up?

(Though I've also just noticed the times mentioned to the right say no one might be online till Monday afternoon :( )

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,441 ✭✭✭eircom: Mark

To add to that, my internet connection has only gotten worse all day. It stays up for 5 minutes and then it drops, the dsl light going out on my modem. Means I can't really play games online, stream stuff, etc. My neighbor actually is having that problem too, and they got it installed a day before me, and have spent most of the last 48 hours on the phone but also getting the same shambolic treatment. The engineer before he left yesterday told me that he'd see what was happening at the exchange in case there was a problem and would call me to give me an update; surprise surprise, no word back from him either.

I'd call Eircom about the intermittent connection problems with my net, but when I tried last night, they didn't want to even talk to me cause I wasn't down on their system as having eFibre, so I was also wondering if one of the reps on here might confirm if my file has been updated so I'm not wasting my time ringing up?

(Though I've also just noticed the times mentioned to the right say no one might be online till Monday afternoon :( )

Hi Teamshadowclan

Can you send me a PM with your tel no: name and address and I can try locate the efibre order for you.

Thanks, Mark

Advertisement