Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Outraged.

Options
  • 21-09-2013 10:22am
    Registered Users Posts: 20,433 ✭✭✭✭

Don't see the point of threads where something bad happens to somebody such as a mugging,rape or murder and all the thread consists of is how outraged the poster is and what they would like to do to them.
    Genuinely believe some people get off on all of this.
    There is seldom little or any discussion on the matter or if there is it's been done a thousand times.
    Post edited by Shield on

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,168 ✭✭✭BunShopVoyeur.

It's a contest to see just how outraged people can be. They all try to outdo each other.

It's laughable really.

• Registered Users Posts: 12,437 ✭✭✭✭El Guapo!

So you start a thread about how you're outraged that people start threads about being outraged. That's outrageous.
    Not really feedback though!

• Registered Users Posts: 83,126 ✭✭✭✭Overheal

"this makes me so mad that a teenager would do that I hope they chop off his penis into bite sized pieces and fry them up to feed to a pack of wolves"

Thats about the emotional range of a lot of the posts that you see on those threads.

My favorite part, personally, is how devoid those posts are of any sense of irony.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,628 ✭✭✭Femme_Fatale

And then if someone merely mentions that the perpetrator is an addict/could be mentally ill - you know, simply discussing what causes these kinds of crimes... it's apparently "excusing" them.

Advertisement