Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Match Thread - Clare v Cork All Ireland Hurling Final Replay

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,972 ✭✭✭WesternZulu

what is it with bogmen mentality.

They scream into microphones, don't they know with a microphone it rids the need of shouting

:rolleyes:

• Closed Accounts Posts: 560 ✭✭✭markomuscle

I pity anyone who watched it on TV missing out on Marty's commentary

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 18,184 ✭✭✭✭Lapin

They'll be talking about that game in years to come.

Congrats to Clare and well done to Cork for putting it up to them.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 104 ✭✭Paddyontherun

Well done Clare well deserved - Enjoy

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,318 ✭✭✭Absoluvely

Where's Cluxton when you need him? ;)

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 8,043 ✭✭✭Hitchens

Neeson wrote: »
    What is enda at with his head?
    that's his 'statesman' look :D

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 12,333 ✭✭✭✭JONJO THE MISER

Good man Davy.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,115 ✭✭✭Boom__Boom

Absoluvely wrote: »
    Where's Cluxton when you need him? ;)

Fecking polar opposites.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,805 ✭✭✭Lennonist

Davy Fitz the Jose Mourinho of hurling.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,550 ✭✭✭paddylonglegs

They scream into microphones, don't they know with a microphone it rids the need of shouting

Better than cluxtons snorefest funeral announcement after the football

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 8,492 ✭✭✭Sir Oxman

Well done Clare and it was a great game but this part where the captain roars down the mic for fckin ages is cringe

• Registered Users Posts: 546 ✭✭✭stretchdoe

Nah, it amplifies the shouting.
    You can shout like you've never done before.

He forgot to thank God, The Academy and the programme sellers in Croker.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,963 ✭✭✭Meangadh

Well he wears his heart on his sleeve anyway does Davy, you'll have to give him that. And it's always good to have a few characters in sport sure!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 19,817 ✭✭✭✭Ace2007

Better than cluxtons snorefest funeral announcement after the football

seriously who cares, I don't get what it is about people slagging off mangers like Davy, or players about their speeches/emotions, yes you can say he's speech was too long but the guy has given it his all and is wrecked tired and probably forgot half of what he was going to say.

Lapin wrote: »
    He forgot to thank God, The Academy and the programme sellers in Croker.

he left out the Ennis fibregade as well :D

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 81,220 ✭✭✭✭biko

Congrats Clare!
    Brilliant match btw

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,363 ✭✭✭Juniorhurler

The Clare county board deserve tremendous credit here today. These lads were all from three to twelve years of age when Clare were last winning all irelands, they put the structures in place to capitalise on the boost that those wins gave to hurling in the county and look at the dividends. Last 5 years have yielded 3 U21 titles and now a senior.
    Compare this to what happened in my own county, Wexford, after winning in 96 and the board were too busy patting themselves on the back to do this. Well done to all concerned with Clare hurling over the last 20 years.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,761 ✭✭✭pappyodaniel

Hitchens wrote: »
    he left out the Ennis fibregade as well :D

What's that? It sounds like an energy drink made out of Weetabix. I doubt it'll be a big seller.

The Clare county board deserve tremendous credit here today. These lads were all from three to twelve years of age when Clare were last winning all irelands, they put the structures in place to capitalise on the boost that those wins gave to hurling in the county and look at the dividends. Last 5 years have yielded 3 U21 titles and now a senior.

There will be calls to split the county up now winning that much...

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 158 ✭✭podmu80

they look like a minor team there:-) they're so young, future looks good for clare hurling. don't know if we'll be back next year:-(

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 7,102 ✭✭✭Stinicker

Glory Clare, well done from Kerry!

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 3,404 ✭✭✭Justin Credible Darts

What's that? It sounds like an energy drink made out of Weetabix. I doubt it'll be a big seller.

hahahaha

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,891 ✭✭✭Zardoz

Well done to Clare deserved winners but the sooner the better the Gaa bring in a clock like rugby the better.
    2 minutes of extra time is a complete joke ,the Clare goalie ,must have wasted 2-3 minutes alone in the second half with puck outs.

There was hardly any open play in the last 6 minutes of the 70 ,the ball was out of play for at least 3 minutes of it ,2 minutes added is farcical,should have been at least 4.

What's that?

Joe Duffy will fill you in :P

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,034 ✭✭✭Amprodude

Congrats Clare .

• Moderators, Entertainment Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 11,805 Mod ✭✭✭✭Say Your Number

Incredible match again, can't we just get these two play each other every week.

Expect the cork excuses to start soon as it will be corks mistakes no doubt that "allowed" Clare to win

• Registered Users Posts: 3,963 ✭✭✭Meangadh

Either I'm getting old or they're ridiculously young. Probably both! They'll be around a while yet anyway!

• Advertisement

Zardoz wrote: »
    Well done to Clare deserved winners but the sooner the better the Gaa bring in a clock like rugby the better.
    2 minutes of extra time is a complete joke ,the Clare goalie ,must have wasted 2-3 minutes alone in the second half with puck outs.

There was hardly any open play in the last 6 minutes of the 70 ,the ball was out of play for at least 3 minutes of it ,2 minutes added is farcical,should have been at least 4.

Seriously?? what about the time Nash wasted coming up.
    Watch any game back and I would safely say the ball would be only in play about 35 mins of the 70.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 21,730 ✭✭✭✭entropi

Lovely hurling in Croke Park today, congrats to Clare as they were the better team in the end.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 51,054 ✭✭✭✭Professey Chin

Expect the cork excuses to start soon as it will be corks mistakes no doubt that "allowed" Clare to win

Jesus go enjoy the deserved victory instead of throwing little digs

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,729 ✭✭✭Pride Fighter

Best hurling champioship in years and the final was the best series of games since the Limerick/Tipp saga a few years back.

Epic. I love hurling :D

to be serious now, if Nash's attempt had gone in, would it be a legal goal?

Some lovely blondes on the hill there !

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 158 ✭✭podmu80

f*** me, you really have a problem with us!!!!!!! read the last few pages. its been all very gratious. clare were the better team. showed what they're made of when we drew level, pushed on and deserved it. you've been sniping away all day. sick of it!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 19,585 ✭✭✭✭Lady Chatterton

JBM reminds me of Roy Keane. He calls it exactly as he sees it.

JBM is a gentleman

• Registered Users Posts: 388 ✭✭maudgone

Hector???

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,638 ✭✭✭roshje

are you just being a dickhead tonight or are you that way always

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 19,585 ✭✭✭✭Lady Chatterton

maudgone wrote: »
    Hector???
    His wife, Dympna is from Ennis ;)

• Registered Users Posts: 14,193 ✭✭✭✭Kerrydude1981

maudgone wrote: »
    Hector???

Ireland's answer to John Terry??

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,805 ✭✭✭Lennonist

Fair play to Jimmy Barry Murphy, good summation of the game.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,891 ✭✭✭Zardoz

Ace2007 wrote: »
    Seriously?? what about the time Nash wasted coming up.
    Watch any game back and I would safely say the ball would be only in play about 35 mins of the 70.

Nash did waste alot of time coming up, and he took forever to puck out the ball in the 67th minute .
    Mayo did the same thing last week ,wasted at least 1 minute over 2 late frees,baffling behaviour,when behind in a match.
    The ref should still add on the time wasted by both sides .

• Registered Users Posts: 2,584 ✭✭✭skeleton_boy

Best hurling champioship in years and the final was the best series of games since the Limerick/Tipp saga a few years back.

Epic. I love hurling :D

Ahhh would that be Kilkenny-Tipp saga?

• Administrators Posts: 54,110 Admin ✭✭✭✭✭awec

Zardoz wrote: »
    Nash did waste alot of time coming up, and he took forever to puck out the ball in the 67th minute .
    Mayo did the same thing last week ,wasted at least 1 minute over 2 late frees,baffling behaviour,when behind in a match.

Bringing your keeper up is always going to waste time. I guess it's a tradeoff - you lose a lot on the clock while he comes up but if he's your best chance of getting a goal then I guess you don't have a choice.

MrsD007 wrote: »
    JBM reminds me of Roy Keane. He calls it exactly as he sees it.

I see Roy got a ticket to the game

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 51,054 ✭✭✭✭Professey Chin

Ahhh would that be Kilkenny-Tipp saga?

I think he means the 3 game series in 07 I think

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 13,136 ✭✭✭✭How Soon Is Now

I don't watch a lot of hurling I'm more a gaa football fan but both hurling finals where amazing.

My county wasn't playing this weekend but bloody hell I felt proud watching that match!

After watching soccer all day then watching this felt so good to feel this game came from our country and deserves to be at the top level considering the pure level of passion the players staff and fans show.

Fair play to all of them and great game to watch no matter what sport u follow or where ur from there's no doubting the gaa is one of the most exciting things u can watch anywhere in the world.

Congratulations Clare.

podmu80 wrote: »
    f*** me, you really have a problem with us!!!!!!!

US ???

Define exactly what US means .
    I am a corkman also but do not use the word us for the simple reason...I WAS NOT ON THE PITCH, and neither were you.

• Advertisement
Advertisement