Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Match Thread - Clare v Cork All Ireland Hurling Final Replay

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 13,458 ✭✭✭✭dastardly00

Hitchens wrote: »
    to be serious now, if Nash's attempt had gone in, would it be a legal goal?

yep, I see no reason why it wouldn't be.

• Registered Users Posts: 425 ✭✭noah45

Whooo hooooo! up the Banner!
    Delighted with win

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 3,404 ✭✭✭Justin Credible Darts

Ace2007 wrote: »
    I see Roy got a ticket to the game

of course he did, like other people there it was his constant participating , attending of games throughout the year that got him a priority placing in the ticket allocation :)

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 3,126 ✭✭✭Santa Cruz

Ahhh would that be Kilkenny-Tipp saga?
    No I'd say he refers to the Limerick Tipp Munster championship games a few years back

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 18,184 ✭✭✭✭Lapin

As a corkman who lives in cork the rubbish being spouted today and the past weeks has been nothing short of biased rubbish.
    Expect the cork excuses to start soon as it will be corks mistakes no doubt that "allowed" Clare to win

You are one very strange individual.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 15,238 ✭✭✭✭Diabhal Beag

That Cork team will be so hungry next year. JBM is bringing them up one level at a time. Congrats to Clare. Great day to be a West Brom fan from Ennis :pac:

Expect the cork excuses to start soon as it will be corks mistakes no doubt that "allowed" Clare to win

Is this your first time watching a game.? If you knew anything you would know JBM is one of the most gracious men in the game.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 51,054 ✭✭✭✭Professey Chin

100 more then a few weeks ago officially?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 392 ✭✭Footoo

Define exactly what US means .
    I am a corkman also but do not use the word us for the simple reason...I WAS NOT ON THE PITCH, and neither were you.

You're from CorK? :eek:

This is like the end of The Usual Suspects.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 8,043 ✭✭✭Hitchens

yep, I see no reason why it wouldn't be.

just wondering if the rules allowed for it

• Registered Users Posts: 158 ✭✭podmu80

US ???

Define exactly what US means .
    I am a corkman also but do not use the word us for the simple reason...I WAS NOT ON THE PITCH, and neither were you.

so who are you claiming will come out with these excuses that allowed clare to win?? surley not the players? if so, you haven't a clue.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 444 ✭✭brilliantboy

Fantastic game of hurling. Will take a while to sink in.
    How do you give a single player man of that match?
    It's between O'Donnell and McGrath probably but I thought Seamus Harnedy was absolutely superb for Cork today, he had an immense game.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 19,817 ✭✭✭✭Ace2007

100 more then a few weeks ago officially?

Bandwagon people obv

Lapin wrote: »
    You are one very strange individual.

for weeks i have listened to biased cork supporters belittle clare, davy fitz, ban me from cork forums etc for having an unbiased opinion.

Clare were the better team in the first game despite Cork getting all the luck and help of a crooked ref.
    Clare were the better team again today and worthy winners, the mentality in cork was if they play well they would win, they totally underestimated clare and they paid the price for their arrogance.

Their fans cannot take constructive criticizm, are blinkered by parochial small mindedness and few of "us" have the integrity to call things as they truly were/are.

I was labelled a unionist, homosexual, brit, traitor on other forums for daring to criticize cork, that is the mindset you are up against in cork so is it any wonder I as a lover of hurling the game not the teams wanted clare to win.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 8,043 ✭✭✭Hitchens

100,000 if you count the stewards in :pac:

• Advertisement

The Clare county board deserve tremendous credit here today. These lads were all from three to twelve years of age when Clare were last winning all irelands, they put the structures in place to capitalise on the boost that those wins gave to hurling in the county and look at the dividends. Last 5 years have yielded 3 U21 titles and now a senior.
    Compare this to what happened in my own county, Wexford, after winning in 96 and the board were too busy patting themselves on the back to do this. Well done to all concerned with Clare hurling over the last 20 years.

You are correct there. The going on in Wexford is terrible even with an u21 Leinster this year. They are heading to the same standard as Laois/Westmeath. Clare Dublin have shown what has to be done but it takes time and effort (and money) Kilkenny did it a number of years ago when they went a few years without winning a minor. They targeted a few well respected former players and asked them to take on a panel of young lads with the intention of feeding them into a minor team and it worked.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 513 ✭✭✭Qwerty27

And 2 more than at the football last week, which was allegedly the hardest game ever to get tickets for!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,447 ✭✭✭run_Forrest_run

Ace2007 wrote: »
    Bandwagon people obv

Final days are always band wagon days, I saw the biggest band wagon jumper today in Croke Park (I was watching it on TV), she was wearing a Munster jersey and Munster scarf...maybe she was preparing for the Rabo game;)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,638 ✭✭✭roshje

for weeks i have listened to biased cork supporters belittle clare, davy fitz, ban me from cork forums etc for having an unbiased opinion.

Clare were the better team in the first game despite Cork getting all the luck and help of a crooked ref.
    Clare were the better team again today and worthy winners, the mentality in cork was if they play well they would win, they totally underestimated clare and they paid the price for their arrogance.

Their fans cannot take constructive criticizm, are blinkered by parochial small mindedness and few of "us" have the integrity to call things as they truly were/are.

I was labelled a unionist, homosexual, brit, traitor on other forums for daring to criticize cork, that is the mindset you are up against in cork so is it any wonder I as a lover of hurling the game not the teams wanted clare to win.
    do you want a tissue?

• Registered Users Posts: 603 ✭✭✭omega666

I was labelled a unionist, homosexual, brit, traitor on other forums for daring to criticize cork, that is the mindset you are up against in cork so is it any wonder I as a lover of hurling the game not the teams wanted clare to win.[/

No your just a troll, I thought Ur last ban from this forum for calling Nash a scumbag would get rid of you. Obviously not.

• Advertisement

US ???

Define exactly what US means .....

Here.

And take your time reading it.

Final days are always band wagon days, I saw the biggest band wagon jumper today in Croke Park (I was watching it on TV), she was wearing a Munster jersey and Munster scarf...maybe she was preparing for the Rabo game;)

I think I was sitting behind her in the drawn game. She was either on the mobile or reading Hello magazine, except when she was going out for a Latte.
    (for the information of the Tipp lads a Latte is a type of coffee )

• Registered Users Posts: 364 ✭✭aveytare

I was labelled a unionist, homosexual, brit, traitor on other forums for daring to criticize cork

What do ye have to say for yourself in relation to these serious allegations?

roshje wrote: »
    do you want a tissue?

to wipe the tears of joy of Clare sending cork home empty handed ?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,630 ✭✭✭mrsoundie

Did Michael D borrow that suit from the Army???

They don't make them that small.

• Registered Users Posts: 158 ✭✭podmu80

I have no idea what you're on about. so a few clowns on an internet forum upset you. boo-hoo. you really should read most of the posts on here, no arrogance, no underestimating of clare. same afterwards, nothing but praise for clare. EVERY SINGLE cork person said the same, clare deserved it,but yet, you continue your ranting and raving. no matter what is said on an internet forum I cannot believe a person would shout AGAINST the county of their birth, find that very odd.

Lennonist wrote: »
    Davy Fitz the Jose Mourinho of hurling.

I would have said "the marmite of Hurling".

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,638 ✭✭✭roshje

to wipe the tears of joy of Clare sending cork home empty handed ?
    i was thinking more for your backside for all the shxxe you are spreading

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,034 ✭✭✭Amprodude

That Cork team will be so hungry next year. JBM is bringing them up one level at a time. Congrats to Clare. Great day to be a West Brom fan from Ennis :pac:

I doubt we will, probably our best chance in years.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,144 ✭✭✭Benny Cake

Chairman of the Tinfoil Hat brigade is out in force tonight....

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,520 ✭✭✭dcmm

WELL DONE to ALL the CLARE TEAM, YOU'RE THE BEST AND YOU DESERVE YOURE VICTORY.ENJOY THE WIN, YOU EARNED IT
    THANKS LADS FOR A BRILLIANT SPORTING GAME, YOU'RE THE GREATEST.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 868 ✭✭✭Gerry91

Well done to Clare

If you said this time last year Clare would be AI champs in 12 months you'd be laughed at big time

Even after going to ET v Wexford. Two huge final performances, well deserved

Didn't make quarters last year, incredible

• Registered Users Posts: 364 ✭✭aveytare

dcmm wrote: »
    WELL DONE to ALL the CLARE TEAM, YOU'RE THE BEST AND YOU DESERVE YOURE VICTORY.ENJOY THE WIN, YOU EARNED IT
    THANKS LADS FOR A BRILLIANT SPORTING GAME, YOU'RE THE GREATEST.

I CAN'T HEAR YOU

Thursday was Arthur's day.

Today was Davy's day.

By the way, does this make Clare the World Champions (using the American measuring system)! :D

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 700 ✭✭✭nicowa

Great match! Heartattack until that last goal... Never would have believed a final score like was on the board today! Well done to the lads.

On a side note, I was friends with a girl in 1st year in sec school who was obsessed with the Clare Capt... Used to make me join her in following him round the school at lunchtime... Oh those were the days :0

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 10,071 ✭✭✭✭wp_rathead

Clare 5-41
    Cork 6-32

thrilla's

wprathead wrote: »
    Clare 5-41
    Cork 6-32

thrilla's

Points win matches :D

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 16,037 ✭✭✭✭niallo27

nicowa wrote: »
    Great match! Heartattack until that last goal... Never would have believed a final score like was on the board today! Well done to the lads.

On a side note, I was friends with a girl in 1st year in sec school who was obsessed with the Clare Capt... Used to make me join her in following him round the school at lunchtime... Oh those were the days :0

In tulla. Those were great days.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 311 ✭✭sensormatic

nash your a right old balls today you shamed all the northside

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 5,851 ✭✭✭Mountainlad

mrsoundie wrote: »
    Thursday was Arthur's day.

Today was Davy's day.

By the way, does this make Clare the World Champions (using the American measuring system)! :D

Yep, the world champions of Ireland

Yep, the world champions of Ireland

Thats OK, after all Muhammad Ali is a Clare man.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 10,071 ✭✭✭✭wp_rathead

nashrocket.gif

• Registered Users Posts: 274 ✭✭luckyboy

Well done to Clare. They withstood a magnificent Cork comeback and were worthy winners in the end ...

• Closed Accounts Posts: 8,101 ✭✭✭Rightwing

mrsoundie wrote: »
    They don't make them that small.

Chuckle chuckle.

Anyone else think the ref was massively favouring Cork today?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 572 ✭✭✭relaxed

Well done Clare, I secretly wanted it to go to extra time though to keep the drama going, a lot easier for the neutral.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 6,048 ✭✭✭Da Shins Kelly

What an unbelievable match! Incredible drama throughout. I'm not even from either county but I was on the edge of my seat.

Hard luck to Cork, they fought brilliantly and I've no doubt they'll be back again.

Clare though are really just everything that is superb about the game of hurling. What a fantastic group of young lads they have down there and a well deserved win. Could be the beginning of a new era in hurling.

The reffing was very sketchy, in fairness. Very soft frees went Cork's way throughout. Reffing in hurling this year has been pretty abysmal overall, probably needs to be reviewed.

The best team won on the day though, and I'm very happy for them. It's a fantastic team, so fit and full of running, and incredibly skillful.

Hurling is going in such a positive direction, and today just reaffirmed to me that hurling is best sport in the world. The passion seen in Croke Park today was wonderful to watch. Hope there's much more of it to come in the coming years.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 572 ✭✭✭relaxed

Rightwing wrote: »

Anyone else think the ref was massively favouring Cork today?

Not really, gave a few strange decisions all round though.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,795 ✭✭✭taytobreath

yeah i was lookin for extra time for some drama, but i was delighted for Clare. They deserved it.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 868 ✭✭✭Gerry91

What an unbelievable match! Incredible drama throughout. I'm not even from either county but I was on the edge of my seat.

Hard luck to Cork, they fought brilliantly and I've no doubt they'll be back again.

Clare though are really just everything that is superb about the game of hurling. What a fantastic group of young lads they have down there and a well deserved win. Could be the beginning of a new era in hurling.

The reffing was very sketchy, in fairness. Very soft frees went Cork's way throughout. Reffing in hurling this year has been pretty abysmal overall, probably needs to be reviewed.

The best team won on the day though, and I'm very happy for them. It's a fantastic team, so fit and full of running, and incredibly skillful.

Hurling is going in such a positive direction, and today just reaffirmed to me that hurling is best sport in the world. The passion seen in Croke Park today was wonderful to watch. Hope there's much more of it to come in the coming years.

It could but don't forget Tipp in 2010.

Very similar, won the u21 pulling up and won senior with a young team

Haven't won it since and that's two years in a row now they've been disappointing in Championship- granted they won Munster last year but got outclassed and hammered in THAT game v KK in the semi

Clare could well be different but you just don't know.

At this (granted ridiculously early) stage I find it impossible to pick a winner for next year, could be 4 or 5 very genuine contenders

Great times for hurling as you say!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,981 ✭✭✭[-0-]

It's days like today that make leaving Ireland so bloody hard. Really wish I was back home with everyone celebrating - but I'll take a win no matter where I have to rest my head at night.

Fantastic stuff from the lads. I really hope they savour the moment and take it all in. Great commitment from them and a bright future ahead I hope.

Well done lads!

• Advertisement
Advertisement