Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Match Thread - Clare v Cork All Ireland Hurling Final Replay

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,034 ✭✭✭Amprodude

Henno30 wrote: »
    Ah sure god love ye. Aren't ye great to be turning up at all?

Its an achievement for a county rated 6th best before chsmpionship started.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,329 ✭✭✭redzerologhlen

Amprodude wrote: »
    Its an achievement for a county rated 6th best before chsmpionship started.

In fairness at the start of the year I dont think anyone would have picked either Clare or Cork to be pucking a ball in September!!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,706 ✭✭✭premierstone

I think we will get that, I feel that if Cork or Clare are beaten fair and square, then JBM and Davy are not the type of managers to try to deflect attention onto the ref.
    Davy is generally happy to take all the blame himself, and JBM is a real gentleman.

(I know that Davy hinted he was unhappy with the ref after the drawn game, but I think that was exceptional and he was quite restrained. It was probably the worst refereeing display ever given in an All- Ireland)

I normally bold the part of a post that I disagree with or find silly, but I thought in this case it would be just easier to highlight the actual only part of your post that wasn't off the wall.

No way you wrote all that with a straight face?? Am I right??

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,276 ✭✭✭thinkstoomuch1

In fairness at the start of the year I dont think anyone would have picked either Clare or Cork to be pucking a ball in September!!

Absloutley,your correct.No pundits would have said any of the two,but if you were given a choice of clare or cork,in may you would have said clare had a better chance and the way the draw worked out in the end.

A lot of pundits did say clare could win a munster,but no one even mentioned cork.

In the sunday game preview,not one said cork ,in a munster final,but felt clare would shake it up.

John mullane said cork were in dire trouble and a lot of geuine cork fans were the same,as we had so many absentees for one reason or another,and compared to last year, bar harnedy, a weaker panel.

Sweetnahm, cadogan,and paudie sul,are huge losses to cork.

Absloutley,your correct.No pundits would have said any of the two,but if you were given a choice of clare or cork,in may you would have said clare had a better chance and the way the draw worked out in the end.

A lot of pundits did say clare could win a munster,but no one even mentioned cork.

In the sunday game preview,not one said cork ,in a munster final,but felt clare would shake it up.

John mullane said cork were in dire trouble and a lot of geuine cork fans were the same,as we had so many absentees for one reason or another,and compared to last year, bar harnedy, a weaker panel.

Sweetnahm, cadogan,and paudie sul,are huge losses to cork.

Agreed. It was great work by JBM to bring them to where they are today. Galway need a figure like him over them up there I think.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 572 ✭✭✭relaxed

shamco wrote: »
    And ignoring a deliberate strike to the head

He didn't see the incident, he ignored nothing.

He ignored the Clare keeper thinking he was playing a rugby match charging down a conversion.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,845 ✭✭✭Hidalgo

Don't really see why lads are still on about the refereeing the last day, different ref the next day. The one thing he will be watching out for I'd say is for defenders coming off the line for pens/21s after all the commotion of the last day.

Regarding the replay, if Clare can bag a goal I think they've a great chance of winning. A goal would be a huge lift, easier said than done however.
    If Clare give Nash as many chances as the last day, I'd expect a higher return than 1 for 3. That's something Clare have to cut out.

Weather should be good anyhow, tickets way scarcer than the drawn game.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 322 ✭✭Robbknoll

Hey boys and girls,

Im over in Canada atm and every "Irish" bar isn't showing the match this Saturday :rolleyes:
    Anyone else trying to watch this abroad? Or does anyone know of a reliable source where it'll be streamed? Thanks.

Robbknoll wrote: »
    Hey boys and girls,

Im over in Canada atm and every "Irish" bar isn't showing the match this Saturday :rolleyes:
    Anyone else trying to watch this abroad? Or does anyone know of a reliable source where it'll be streamed? Thanks.

Ah your no good, my friend is flying back from Toranto for it :D....still havent got tickets for him though :(

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,377 ✭✭✭Warper

Hidalgo wrote: »
    Don't really see why lads are still on about the refereeing the last day, different ref the next day. The one thing he will be watching out for I'd say is for defenders coming off the line for pens/21s after all the commotion of the last day.

Regarding the replay, if Clare can bag a goal I think they've a great chance of winning. A goal would be a huge lift, easier said than done however.
    If Clare give Nash as many chances as the last day, I'd expect a higher return than 1 for 3. That's something Clare have to cut out.

Weather should be good anyhow, tickets way scarcer than the drawn game.

Agree about the tickets but the weather is promised bad

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 273 ✭✭shamco

relaxed wrote: »
    He didn't see the incident, he ignored nothing.

He ignored the Clare keeper thinking he was playing a rugby match charging down a conversion.

There was a lot of incidents that involved fouls on Clare players that he didn't see or chose to ignore then.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 186 ✭✭999/112

Warper wrote: »
    Agree about the tickets but the weather is promised bad
    Have a look at this, http://www.yr.no/place/Ireland/Leinster/Croke_Park/hour_by_hour_detailed.html
    At the moment it is potentially forecast to rain at about 18:00 with rainfall predicted by 19:00. However, this updates/changes every couple of hours...
    Weather forecasting is almost as unpredictable as the result of tomorrows showdown.

As for the tickets.....

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 95 ✭✭mcw100

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 444 ✭✭brilliantboy

mcw100 wrote: »

A news article that doesn't try to paint Davy as a crazed puppy-kicking arsehole that's out to crush the hopes of a bunch of gifted young hurlers with his antics.

What a breath of fresh air :rolleyes:

• Moderators, Education Moderators, Regional South Moderators Posts: 15,247 Mod ✭✭✭✭rebel girl 15

That rain is gone out to 8pm now, thankfully!!

• Advertisement

A news article that doesn't try to paint Davy as a crazed puppy-kicking arsehole that's out to crush the hopes of a bunch of gifted young hurlers with his antics.

What a breath of fresh air :rolleyes:

What you talking about now?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,377 ✭✭✭Warper

Nice in Dublin now, lets hope it stays like this for tomorrow. Best of luck to everyone heading to the match and may the best team win

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 95 ✭✭mcw100

999/112 wrote: »
    Have a look at this, http://www.yr.no/place/Ireland/Leinster/Croke_Park/hour_by_hour_detailed.html
    At the moment it is potentially forecast to rain at about 18:00 with rainfall predicted by 19:00. However, this updates/changes every couple of hours...
    Weather forecasting is almost as unpredictable as the result of tomorrows showdown.

As for the tickets.....

rebel girl 15 That rain is gone out to 8pm now, thankfully!!

No its hasn't 18:00 = 6pm ...:D

• Registered Users Posts: 287 ✭✭Username2011

Tickets got! So excited!

What's everyone's pre-match plan?
    Big Tree/Quinns etc.?
    It's a pity they don't play clare/cork songs before the game. There's only so many times you can listen to that same Christy Moore album on in the Big tree on repeat!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,344 ✭✭✭keeponhurling

Tickets got! So excited!

It's a pity they don't play clare/cork songs before the game. !

They do in the big Tree ? Or is that only after the match?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,276 ✭✭✭thinkstoomuch1

Tickets got! So excited!

What's everyone's pre-match plan?
    Big Tree/Quinns etc.?
    It's a pity they don't play clare/cork songs before the game. There's only so many times you can listen to that same Christy Moore album on in the Big tree on repeat!

If your a cork man the Gresham hotel have all the cork fans build up to the match.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,344 ✭✭✭keeponhurling

I see Cork have made one change, Cian McCarthy in for Coughlan. Perhaps McCarthy would be better to help them a grip into the game early, Coughlan can be a sub later.

Clare announce an unchanged team.
    The Indo speculates that either Cathal McInerney or even Shane O'Donnell could take Honan's place.
    I'd be surprised if Davy would do that to Honan after naming him to start.
    But the mind goes back to 1997, when his fellow Bridge man Niall Gilligan started after not being named to keep him out of the spotlight, and that worked out well. So you never know.....

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,700 ✭✭✭rovers_runner

I see Cork have made one change, Cian McCarthy in for Coughlan. Perhaps McCarthy would be better to help them a grip into the game early, Coughlan can be a sub later.

Clare announce an unchanged team.
    The Indo speculates that either Cathal McInerney or even Shane O'Donnell could take Honan's place.
    I'd be surprised if Davy would do that to Honan after naming him to start.
    But the mind goes back to 1997, when his fellow Bridge man Niall Gilligan started after not being named to keep him out of the spotlight, and that worked out well. So you never know.....

TOTS,
    that is all.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,969 ✭✭✭buck65

Shane O Donnell

• Registered Users Posts: 2,225 ✭✭✭Henno30

Cathal McInerney seems the best fit for Clare at the moment, especially with his two clubmates alongside him. All the talk at the moment points to O'Donnell though.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,225 ✭✭✭Henno30

TOTS,
    that is all.

Tots would certainly add a different dimension and he'll surely do so in the future. Hard to see him featuring tomorrow however given the little game time he's had.

• Registered Users Posts: 75 ✭✭funkhouser

Can somebody recommend a particular place in London to watch this?

I'll have to jump straight on the tube to Heathrow after so somewhere west of the city centre with easy access to the Piccadilly line.

• Registered Users Posts: 287 ✭✭Username2011

They do in the big Tree ? Or is that only after the match?

It's more christy Moore type CDs as opposed to Clare n cork songs

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 10,012 ✭✭✭✭Alfred Borden

BVPTqJrIcAAveql.jpg

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,981 ✭✭✭[-0-]

The rain won't start until 7pm.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 10,915 ✭✭✭✭Realt Dearg Sec

Well it's debatable whether "minimum of two minutes" can equate to two and a half minutes.

No it isn't.

Waiting for the train in now, butterfly's are starting to kick in. Hopefully we can finish the job today!!

Waiting for the train in now, butterfly's are starting to kick in. Hopefully we can finish the job today!!

Ye hope.

Ye hope.

:confused: He did say "hopefully"
    Not like many of the Cork fans engaging in absolutes
    "We will be better" "Clare won't ever play as well" "Liam is coming home"

:confused: He did say "hopefully"
    Not like many of the Cork fans engaging in absolutes
    "We will be better" "Clare won't ever play as well" "Liam is coming home"

We hope too. Its going to be a great game.

We hope too. Its going to be a great game.

I hope it is :)

Ye hope.

No more than yerselves, nothing set in stone yet. Pointless comment.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 10,012 ✭✭✭✭Alfred Borden

Neither a Cork or a Clare man, but hope the trophy is heading to Clare tonight!

Has the Clare subs bench been announced yet? Haven't seen it anywhere.
    We could be in for a surprise of some sort?

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 6,048 ✭✭✭Da Shins Kelly

Not really invested in either team, but I'm gonna root for Clare this evening. Really hope they do it!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,981 ✭✭✭[-0-]

Hope Liam returns to Clare, without too much childish behaviour in this thread. From the looks of things, the latter certainly won't happen.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 652 ✭✭✭Just An Opinion

Anyone fancying a 2nd replay at 9/1?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 19,817 ✭✭✭✭Ace2007

Hope it's a good game, and that the Ref doesn't bottle any decisions.

• Registered Users Posts: 661 ✭✭✭Mayo_Boy

Will be rooting for Clare in this one. Hon the banner!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 15,238 ✭✭✭✭Diabhal Beag

I really hope this isn't going to be the Joe Canning miss of 2013. Would feel awful for Podge especially considering how brilliant he has been this year.

• Advertisement

I really hope this isn't going to be the Joe Canning miss of 2013. Would feel awful for Podge especially considering how brilliant he has been this year.

Podge can hold his head up high whatever happens today

• Closed Accounts Posts: 868 ✭✭✭Gerry91

Shouting for Cork today but nothing against Clare.

Tipped Cork as a serious contender back in May, no-one would listen to me :p

Then again, I think I was the same going into the first game yet actually found myself wishing Clare over the line at the end!

Can't wait though should be a cracker

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,851 ✭✭✭Mountainlad

Podge can hold his head up high whatever happens today

Excellent young hurler, has had an absolute dream season. Hope he gets young player of the year.

Excellent young hurler, has had an absolute dream season. Hope he gets young player of the year.

I'd say it'll be Kelly. Three serious contenders though when you add McInerney to the mix.

Podge would've won it any other year, if Clare win Kelly might even get main award too!

In fact- if Clare win it wouldn't surprise me if both Podge and Tony made the shortlist for main award!

O'Donnell in for Honan I see on the twitter machine

• Advertisement
Advertisement