Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Box for Netflix

• 21-09-2013 11:25am
    Registered Users Posts: 149 ✭✭

Sorry I'm a newbie to this but the other half wants to get netflix. The only way I know you can get it is through a playstation but is there any other way you can get it at a good price?

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 2,796 ✭✭✭Sir Osis of Liver.

Netflix working grand for me on a wii.
    Theres loads on adverts from 50 euro.

• Registered Users Posts: 139 ✭✭Morninglory

Netflix working grand for me on a wii.
    Theres loads on adverts from 50 euro.

i was looking at a Roku 2xs, do you know what that box offers by any chance?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,359 ✭✭✭Access

Id have to agree about the wii.

It is the cheapest way of getting netflix in ireland right now...

You could even search for a wii with a broken drive as netflix wont need the cd drive... Expect to pay about 25 euro

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 185 ✭✭ocy

Is the wii noisy while running netflix, memories of ps2 with very noisy fan

• Moderators, Music Moderators Posts: 6,525 Mod ✭✭✭✭dregin

Google chromecast does Netflix very well for only $35!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 552 ✭✭✭Gadge

ocy wrote: »
    Is the wii noisy while running netflix, memories of ps2 with very noisy fan

Wii is quiet as a mouse. Grand for Netflix, although you won'r be able to watch anything in HD, if that's something you want.

Chromecast is just a stick that plugs into a hdmi socket, so no noisy fans at all.

• Registered Users Posts: 149 ✭✭donnbradman

dregin wrote: »
    Chromecast is just a stick that plugs into a hdmi socket, so no noisy fans at all.
    Can't believe I never came across this. Seems very good. Is Chromecast hard to install? What's involved in using iPhone as a controller? Where can I buy it?

Can't believe I never came across this. Seems very good. Is Chromecast hard to install? What's involved in using iPhone as a controller? Where can I buy it?

Only available in the states ATM but Amazon.com were delivering to Ireland last week. If you know someone living there, you can have it shipped to them and just get them to send it on to you. Took me about a minute to set it up :-) not sure if it works with i phones yet.

dregin wrote: »
    Only available in the states ATM but Amazon.com were delivering to Ireland last wee. If you know someone living there, you can have it shipped to them and just get them to pay it on to you. Took me about a minute to set it up :-) not sure if it works with i phones yet.

Even if it doesn't, you can control it from a laptop.

• Advertisement

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 338 ✭✭RunDMC

+1 on Chromecast, it works like a dream, at least for Netflix.

R

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 185 ✭✭ocy

Gadge wrote: »
    Wii is quiet as a mouse. Grand for Netflix, although you won'r be able to watch anything in HD, if that's something you want.

Thanks, had doesn't bother us, telly is pretty old and big.....

• Registered Users Posts: 194 ✭✭Murphj7

What other channels do you get for chromecast does anyone know?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 687 ✭✭✭Five Lamps

Murphj7 wrote: »
    What other channels do you get for chromecast does anyone know?

Chromecast has no channels. It just displays what's on your device e.g. laptop onto your TV screen.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 624 ✭✭✭NeitherJohn

You can also get the Plex app to stream local content from a computer

Advertisement