Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Facebook chat - go offline

• 21-09-2013 11:54am
    Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,265 ✭✭✭

Hi all

I can't figure out how to go offline on Facebook chat. In the iOS version of the app there's a button at the top of your contact list. In WP I can't find anything in app to do this. I've tried going offline in the phone's own chat but when I go back to the app it still shows all my contacts online as if I'm online.

Any hints?

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,388 ✭✭✭KingOfFairview

Hi all

I can't figure out how to go offline on Facebook chat. In the iOS version of the app there's a button at the top of your contact list. In WP I can't find anything in app to do this. I've tried going offline in the phone's own chat but when I go back to the app it still shows all my contacts online as if I'm online.

Any hints?

Rather than dropping hints im just going to tell you. Messaging>status

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,265 ✭✭✭CantGetNoSleep

Ok but when I do that and go into the FB app my list of online friends still appears as if I am online?

Ok but when I do that and go into the FB app my list of online friends still appears as if I am online?

Which WP version are you on and which app are you using?

WP8 on a Samsung Atis, all updates installed. The FB app is the Microsoft one (v5)

Cant see a way to do it. But if you got into chat through the mobile chat version you can turn it off.

• Advertisement

I see, but basically as far as I see on this app if you want to stay logged in to fb (to receive notifications etc) you will display as being online on chat, not great really if this is the case

Advertisement