Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Free to a good home or Registered waste removal man with van

• 21-09-2013 12:07pm
    Registered Users Posts: 4

Looking for a recommendation for a legal/registered company to come and take three single mattresses, 2single bases, a headboard, a rug (all of which though old are in pretty condition) and a futon mattress (which is not in good condition) from Clonlara. I am looking at advertisements but don't know if they will actually deliver to the dump or I will find my mattresses on the back roads.

I rang SVP a couple of times and also sent an email and when they eventually came back to me they say they do not take mattresses or headboards.
    Equally if anyone wanted to take any of the above you are very welcome just contact me and I will arrange a time
    rgs

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 51,278 ✭✭✭✭bazz26

Most of the genuine rubbish removal guys will have a licence. There are a number of them in the Limerick Post. You should also take note of the number plates of their trucks.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,153 ✭✭✭bigroad

Catch the bin man next time and throw the lads 30 euro and problem solved.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,982 ✭✭✭Brennans Row

dobbie wrote: »
    Looking for a recommendation for a legal/registered company to come and take three single mattresses, 2single bases, a headboard, a rug (all of which though old are in pretty condition) and a futon mattress (which is not in good condition) from Clonlara.
    Why don't you ring your local authority as I'm sure they would have a list of bona-fide collectors.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 51,278 ✭✭✭✭bazz26

bigroad wrote: »
    Catch the bin man next time and throw the lads 30 euro and problem solved.

I doubt very much the regular bin man will take mattresses and bed bases, the trucks are only designed to take mostly wheelie bins these days.

Recycle centre out in Mungret will take mattresses these days afaik but you have to get it out to them.

Advertisement