Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Zyxel DSl modem problem

Options
  • 21-09-2013 2:25pm
    Registered Users Posts: 21

Having a serious issue with setting up a home dsl broadband with digiweb. I have a constant limited connection over wifi from my router in which the router allows me to connect but I have no Internet access.So here is the run down
    1.My modem is connected to my incoming dsl phone line and a rj45 cable into the wan socket in the back of my router
    2.I can connect my vista laptop directly to the LAN port of the modem and have full internet access.My windows 8 laptop still has limited access if I do the same with that.
    3.I can connect my vista laptop directly into the back of the router with full internet access and can get full net access.
    4.If I try and connect any of my devices through wifi to the router it just gives me a limited access icon.
    5.My vista laptop networking adapter is obtaining all information automatically ,so there is no settings on my adapter card that I can copy.

Any ideas?
    regards At wits end

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 980 ✭✭✭Freddy Smelly

shev7924 wrote: »
    Having a serious issue with setting up a home dsl broadband with digiweb. I have a constant limited connection over wifi from my router in which the router allows me to connect but I have no Internet access.So here is the run down
    1.My modem is connected to my incoming dsl phone line and a rj45 cable into the wan socket in the back of my router
    2.I can connect my vista laptop directly to the LAN port of the modem and have full internet access.My windows 8 laptop still has limited access if I do the same with that.
    3.I can connect my vista laptop directly into the back of the router with full internet access and can get full net access.
    4.If I try and connect any of my devices through wifi to the router it just gives me a limited access icon.
    5.My vista laptop networking adapter is obtaining all information automatically ,so there is no settings on my adapter card that I can copy.

Any ideas?
    regards At wits end

using an ethernet cable connect the vista laptop to the modem

if you get internet access go to the laptop manufacturer's website and download the proper wifi drivers for your laptop.

vista wifi driver are terrible. they rarely work properly

to identify what wifi chip you have to go control panel > system and maintenance > system > device manager

look under network adapters

it will show something like this

atheros wifi adapter
    or dell miniwan port
    or intel wireless b/g/n adapter

realtek network interface

based on which ever type you have that will be the one you download from on your laptop's manufacturer website

if none of those work then you will need to log onto the modem and downgrade the wifi encryption to wpa -psk or wep cos your wifi adapter is too old to work with wpa2 - psk encryption

Advertisement