Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

resetting region in nokia drive

• 21-09-2013 2:58pm
    Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,138 ✭✭✭

I've moved to a different country and I am looking to reset my Nokia drive so I can use it in my new country (Poland). At the moment it says I need to upgrade my subscription. Is this possible to do?

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 19,340 CMod ✭✭✭✭Davy

snaps wrote: »
    I've moved to a different country and I am looking to reset my Nokia drive so I can use it in my new country (Poland). At the moment it says I need to upgrade my subscription. Is this possible to do?

When you open drive, and click into navigation licence, does it not say global and list all the countries?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,138 ✭✭✭snaps

Davy wrote: »
    When you open drive, and click into navigation licence, does it not say global and list all the countries?

no, just Ireland, UK, isle of man and channel islands.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,516 ✭✭✭Outkast_IRE

On the new lower end lumias , to the best of my knowledge you are only given one countries maps for free.

If you want other regions you pay. As far as I know this is only at the lower end of the range, the more expensive phones have all the maps.

On the new lower end lumias , to the best of my knowledge you are only given one countries maps for free.

If you want other regions you pay. As far as I know this is only at the lower end of the range, the more expensive phones have all the maps.

ok, thanks. Is there any way of changing the regional maps I have? Hard reset?

ok, thanks. Is there any way of changing the regional maps I have? Hard reset?
    Not sure to be honest, haven't seen anybody else ask yet, did you check how much the extra maps are might only be a few euro.

• Advertisement

I thought that all lumias had global licence, and that only the none nokia windows phones had country licences. They abandoned the region only licences going years back, maybe 4 or 5 at this stage.

When you go into your licence, does it have the option to upgrade? If not go into the windows store.

Try taking out your sim and going into offline mode.

I thought that all lumias had global licence, and that only the none nokia windows phones had country licences. They abandoned the region only licences going years back, maybe 4 or 5 at this stage.

When you go into your licence, does it have the option to upgrade?

Try taking out your sim and going into offline mode
    No on the lower end lumias launched last years such as the 520 don't have all regions, I remember reading about it during the launch.

The only map which you have access to is the country/region to which your sim card belongs to

http://www.wpcentral.com/why-lumia-720-520-windows-phones-sport-nokia-driv

Thats a step back, it was the case till Drive+ was released.

Just download the map and use without the turn by turn rather than pay the €15 or €34

Thats a step back, it was the case till Drive+ was released.

Just download the map and use without the turn by turn rather than pay the €15 or €34
    Its just on the lower end phones so they can justify lower price tags. I honestly think the lumias are great value for money. I have my Lumia 710 over 13 months now and its still as good as the day I bought it.

No on the lower end lumias launched last years such as the 520 don't have all regions, I remember reading about it during the launch.

The only map which you have access to is the country/region to which your sim card belongs to

http://www.wpcentral.com/why-lumia-720-520-windows-phones-sport-nokia-driv

I still have my Irish sim in my 520, ill swap Sims and put my orange sim in, ill see if that changes it.

• Advertisement

Ok, So i have swapped sims. Now Drive doesnt work at all. Comes up with error MCC=260, you need to buy a global upgrade

Ok, So i have swapped sims. Now Drive doesnt work at all. Comes up with error MCC=260, you need to buy a global upgrade

i reset the phone. Drive now working in Poland. Thanks for your advice.

Advertisement