If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Seeking a tv 40-42 inch upto 1000 euros

Options
  • 21-09-2013 5:03pm
    Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 78 ✭✭

Hi, what do you recommend? This is for elderly father in law so needs good sound, saorview/freeview, maybe freesat and be easy to use.
    Was thinking of philips as i have a 9705 bought from philips shop and it has great sound/picture but isn't the easiest to use for non-techies.

Any brand will do though, just looking for a tv that will last a while. Also do any have built in netflix?

Comments

• Company Representative Posts: 9,463 ✭✭✭Richersounds.ie: John

ponceprhea wrote: »
    Hi, what do you recommend? This is for elderly father in law so needs good sound, saorview/freeview, maybe freesat and be easy to use.
    Was thinking of philips as i have a 9705 bought from philips shop and it has great sound/picture but isn't the easiest to use for non-techies.

Any brand will do though, just looking for a tv that will last a while. Also do any have built in netflix?
    That's a good budget for a 42" and you will get a cracking TV for €1000..

My personal choice would be the Panasonic TXL42FT60 at €1079.99 - this is an excellent TV and includes a Freesat HD tuner on-board Have a look at the specs here: http://www.panasonic.co.uk/html/en_GB/Products/VIERA+Flat+Screen+TV/Smart+VIERA+LED+TV/TX-L42FT60B/Overview/12204598/index.html

If you wanted a TV but could do without the Freesat HD I'd look at the 42ET60 at £649.95 / €769.99 - again a cracking TV and both of these have excellent audio quality and look really great with a super slim bezel.

If you wanted to look away from Panasonic and back towards Philips ( lots of people get settled with one manufacturers way of working and like to stick with what they know) we have the Philips 40PFL7007 which is a bit of a bargain at £699.95 / €849.99) http://www.richersounds.com/product/tv---all/philips/40pfl7007t/phil-40pfl7007t The Philips does not have a Freesat tuner built-in but as ever with Philips the pic quality is excellent and of course if your dad is used to Ambilight then this model is right up his street. as ever with the 7007 - its really easy to use and your dad should have no problem adjusting from his 9705.

Keep us posted if we can assist or of course if there are any other models that you are interested in?

Thanks again,

John Mc & Crew

John McDonald / Managing Director / Richer Sounds Ireland / www.richersounds.ie / johnmc@richersounds.ie

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 78 ✭✭ponceprhea

My personal choice would be the Panasonic TXL42FT60 at €1079.99 - this is an excellent TV and includes a Freesat HD tuner on-board Have a look at the specs here: http://www.panasonic.co.uk/html/en_GB/Products/VIERA+Flat+Screen+TV/Smart+VIERA+LED+TV/TX-L42FT60B/Overview/12204598/index.html

If you wanted a TV but could do without the Freesat HD I'd look at the 42ET60 at £649.95 / €769.99 - again a cracking TV and both of these have excellent audio quality and look really great with a super slim bezel.

If you wanted to look away from Panasonic and back towards Philips ( lots of people get settled with one manufacturers way of working and like to stick with what they know) we have the Philips 40PFL7007 which is a bit of a bargain at £699.95 / €849.99) http://www.richersounds.com/product/tv---all/philips/40pfl7007t/phil-40pfl7007t The Philips does not have a Freesat tuner built-in but as ever with Philips the pic quality is excellent and of course if your dad is used to Ambilight then this model is right up his street. as ever with the 7007 - its really easy to use and your dad should have no problem adjusting from his 9705.

Keep us posted if we can assist or of course if there are any other models that you are interested in?

Thanks again,

John Mc & Crew

Thanks John, after discussion with my father in law he would prefer the tv to be 46 inch. I see philips do this size in the 7007 model. What is the price for this and also I am seeking a smaller tv of approx 22-28 for bedroom. Can you do me a boards deal on 2 tv's I have in the past purchased a philips 8664 tv from richer sounds and then went on to the 9705 model.

Can you forward me costs etc including delivery,

thanks
    Ian

Hi, just wondering if you had a chance to look into my query?,

thanks

Thanks again,

John Mc & Crew

Thanks John, after discussion with my father in law he would prefer the tv to be 46 inch. I see philips do this size in the 7007 model. What is the price for this and also I am seeking a smaller tv of approx 22-28 for bedroom. Can you do me a boards deal on 2 tv's I have in the past purchased a philips 8664 tv from richer sounds and then went on to the 9705 model.

thanks
    Ian
    Ian,

apologies for the delay getting back to you.

Unfortunately in the 46" size we only stock the (stunning) 8007 series at £999.95 / €1199.99 - and if you are looking for a small screen we have the 24PFL3507 which is currently at a bonkers £169.95 http://www.richersounds.com/product/tv---all/philips/24pfl3507t/phil-24pfl3507t

If you were going for them both we could do delivery at £29.95 direct to you - unfortunately dealwise that the best price we can do at the moment as the margins are really tight on both models ( when I say tight - I mean absent!)

Keep me posted,

ATVB,

John Mc

John McDonald / Managing Director / Richer Sounds Ireland / www.richersounds.ie / johnmc@richersounds.ie

Thanks again,

John Mc & Crew

thanks
    Ian
    Ian,

Unfortunately in the 46" size we only stock the (stunning) 8007 series at £999.95 / €1199.99 - and if you are looking for a small screen we have the 24PFL3507 which is currently at a bonkers £169.95 http://www.richersounds.com/product/tv---all/philips/24pfl3507t/phil-24pfl3507t

If you were going for them both we could do delivery at £29.95 direct to you - unfortunately dealwise that the best price we can do at the moment as the margins are really tight on both models ( when I say tight - I mean absent!)

Keep me posted,

ATVB,

John Mc
    OK,the 46 inch 8007 might be too much.  Are there any other 46 inch models that are recommended at max £800.? Also do you still have the 7007 and 8007 in 40 inch?

• Advertisement
  • Company Representative Posts: 17,282 ✭✭✭✭Richersounds.ie: Kenny

Thanks again,

John Mc & Crew

thanks
    Ian
    Ian,

Keep me posted,

ATVB,

John Mc
    OK,the 46 inch 8007 might be too much.  Are there any other 46 inch models that are recommended at max £800.? Also do you still have the 7007 and 8007 in 40 inch?
    Hi Ian,

Thanks for getting back to us.  If you wouldn't mind going up an extra £50 it's well worth checking out the Panasonic TXL 47ET60 currently sitting at £849.95.  Check the link below for more info:

http://www.richersounds.com/product/tv---all/panasonic/viera-txl47et60b/pana-txl47et60b

Another one to look at is the Samsung UE46F6320.  This is a great TV currently sitting at £749.95 and includes a free 5 year guarantee.  Samsung screens are great for their smart features and offer a lot of services other manufacturers wont.  Check the link below for more info:

http://www.richersounds.com/product/tv---all/samsung/ue46f6320/sams-ue46f6320

On the Philips screen both are still available in 40" still :)

Chris

...Given you have already purchased your top end TV from us previously - we would happily do the excellent Panasonic TXL47ET60 at your target €1000 price point, delivered..

Keep us posted..

ATVB,

John Mc & Crew

...Given you have already purchased your top end TV from us previously - we would happily do the excellent Panasonic TXL47ET60 at your target €1000 price point, delivered..

Keep us posted..

ATVB,

John Mc & Crew
    Is the sound quality poor on those panasonics as read poor reviews about the sound. Can you advise?

If you included the philips 24PFL3507 with that panasonic,what would be total price including delivery and does it include 5 year guarantee.

Also if combining either the philips46-8007 or 40-8007 or 40-7007 with the 24 incher what would be prices for the bundle? Can you state sterling and euro price too?

Also does the panasonic include netflix as an app.?

thanks

Hi, Okay lets go ahead , Can you call tomorrow. I have Pm'd a phone number, thanks

• Company Representative Posts: 17,282 ✭✭✭✭Richersounds.ie: Kenny

Hi, Okay lets go ahead , Can you call tomorrow. I have Pm'd a phone number, thanks
    Hi Ponceprhea.

If you could drop me your contact also in a PM I can give you a call from the shop and have your order looked after.

Thanks

• Advertisement

Leave a Comment

Rich Text Editor. To edit a paragraph's style, hit tab to get to the paragraph menu. From there you will be able to pick one style. Nothing defaults to paragraph. An inline formatting menu will show up when you select text. Hit tab to get into that menu. Some elements, such as rich link embeds, images, loading indicators, and error messages may get inserted into the editor. You may navigate to these using the arrow keys inside of the editor and delete them with the delete or backspace key.