If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

50-55" TV

Options
  • 21-09-2013 6:05pm
    Registered Users Posts: 893 ✭✭✭

Hi

What's best 50-55" LCD/LED (current plasma struggles with number windows in the room) HD TV you can do for €1000? Not bothered about 3D but should wand smart TV and decent motion handling (like my sports).

Thanks
    John.

Comments

• Company Representative Posts: 9,463 ✭✭✭Richersounds.ie: John

higster wrote: »
    Hi

What's best 50-55" LCD/LED (current plasma struggles with number windows in the room) HD TV you can do for €1000? Not bothered about 3D but should wand smart TV and decent motion handling (like my sports).

Thanks
    John.
    There are several of 50-55" under / around €1000 to choose from - here are a few!

Sony KDL50W656 - £769.95 / €929.99 http://www.richersounds.com/product/tv---all/sony/bravia-kdl50w656/sony-kdl50w656

Panasonic TXL50E6 - £829.95 / €999.99 - really superb TV, Cant recommend them highly enough! http://www.richersounds.com/product/tv---all/panasonic/viera-txl50e6b/pana-txl50e6b

Both of these are quality TV's with excellent specifications and I can recommend them highly ( but if it was me I'd have the Panasonic.. ;) )

Keep us posted if we can assist,

ATVB,

John Mc & Crew

John McDonald / Managing Director / Richer Sounds Ireland / www.richersounds.ie / johnmc@richersounds.ie

• Registered Users Posts: 893 ✭✭✭higster

Thanks for the reply. They are the same 2 I was thinking.

How long are the warranties?
    How much is delivery to limerick area?
    How would the LG 50LA660v compare to the 2 models above?

To be honest I'm doing a bit of planning ahead and plan to buy in Oct/Nov (or hang into the sales) but want to have decided which one to get when the €'s are in hand.

• Company Representative Posts: 17,282 ✭✭✭✭Richersounds.ie: Kenny

higster wrote: »
    Thanks for the reply. They are the same 2 I was thinking.

How long are the warranties?
    How much is delivery to limerick area?
    How would the 50LA6LG 60v compare to the 2 models above?

To be honest I'm doing a bit of planning ahead and plan to buy in Oct/Nov (or hang into the sales) but want to have decided which one to get when the €'s are in hand.
    Hi Higster,

Thanks for getting back to us.

The Sony comes with a 1 year warranty.  For an extra £76.99 we can make this a 5 year at home guarantee.

The Panasonic comes with the 5 year guarantee included.

Delivery on either screen would be £39.95.

The LG isn't a screen we stock so I haven't seen it up and running before.  Looking up the specs it doesn't look too bad but so far I haven't seen many screens close to the quality of the Panasonic.

You're just right, best get these thinga planned ahead :)

Chris

Leave a Comment

Rich Text Editor. To edit a paragraph's style, hit tab to get to the paragraph menu. From there you will be able to pick one style. Nothing defaults to paragraph. An inline formatting menu will show up when you select text. Hit tab to get into that menu. Some elements, such as rich link embeds, images, loading indicators, and error messages may get inserted into the editor. You may navigate to these using the arrow keys inside of the editor and delete them with the delete or backspace key.