Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

good places to watch the all ireland final

Options
  • 21-09-2013 6:45pm
    Registered Users Posts: 94 ✭✭

As the title says im looking for pubs in kilkenny to watch the football final tomorow. Any suggestions?

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,326 ✭✭✭S28382

Left bank is a nice spot.

• Registered Users Posts: 356 ✭✭mick kk

Went to the Ormonde hotel bar a few years back. An English couple had come in to watch a premiership game and as the kickoff time approached of the all Ireland football final, the bar began to fill up [about 20 people arrived in in different groups.] Barman totally refused to change the channel because the couple had been there first and had requested he turn on the English match. In fairness, they didn't have a clue what was going on so wasn't their fault. Had to go down to the Field to watch it in the end!

• Registered Users Posts: 94 ✭✭sharkey 25

mick kk wrote: »
    Went to the Ormonde hotel bar a few years back. An English couple had come in to watch a premiership game and as the kickoff time approached of the all Ireland football final, the bar began to fill up [about 20 people arrived in in different groups.] Barman totally refused to change the channel because the couple had been there first and had requested he turn on the English match. In fairness, they didn't have a clue what was going on so wasn't their fault. Had to go down to the Field to watch it in the end!
    Thats weird a lot of the time you will find that they have a schedule of what will be on an that stops any problems. what is the field like to watch a match? thats the one across from the left bank? Any other suggestions?

• Registered Users Posts: 369 ✭✭1984baby

Egans on john street or Billy Byrnes (although the service there is not good - very slow behind the bar). There'd be a good few in Langtons but most of them will be in for lunch/dinner

• Registered Users Posts: 3,144 ✭✭✭Benny Cake

sharkey 25 wrote: »
    Thats weird a lot of the time you will find that they have a schedule of what will be on an that stops any problems. what is the field like to watch a match? thats the one across from the left bank? Any other suggestions?

I wouldn't go to the field myself. Personally, I stay clear of the central bars for big matches, somewhere in Irishtown like Cleeres or my old favourite the Nore Bar by Greens Bridge would be my preference.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 490 ✭✭ClashCityRocker

Just to bump this one, presumably any of these places mentioned will be good for the hurling replay on Saturday? And a langer such as myself will get out alive? :)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,326 ✭✭✭S28382

Just to bump this one, presumably any of these places mentioned will be good for the hurling replay on Saturday? And a langer such as myself will get out alive? :)

Ah when the KK lads have been knocked out of the hurling all the loud mouth supporters go into hiding so you will be ok. :D

Im a Deise man living in KK so iv suffered the gloating from them and now that KK are on the way down i dont feel as inferior :pac:

BTW Clare to win. :cool:

• Registered Users Posts: 490 ✭✭ClashCityRocker

S28382 wrote: »
    Ah when the KK lads have been knocked out of the hurling all the loud mouth supporters go into hiding so you will be ok. :D

Im a Deise man living in KK so iv suffered the gloating from them and now that KK are on the way down i dont feel as inferior :pac:

BTW Clare to win. :cool:

Sadly i think you might be right :(

Advertisement