Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Second Hand Modem Help

• 21-09-2013 7:08pm
    Registered Users Posts: 11,506 ✭✭✭✭

Long story short, I had Magnet for about 2 weeks, was a awful experience, so I am now with Vodafone. Anyway Magnet sent me a letter saying they want their modem back, so a family member just got Fibre and gave me his old Eircom ZyXEL F-660 modem. The Wi-Fi and DSL lights stay solid green, but the Internet one stays red, can anyone offer any assistance on this issue.

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 980 ✭✭✭Freddy Smelly

Xenji wrote: »
    Long story short, I had Magnet for about 2 weeks, was a awful experience, so I am now with Vodafone. Anyway Magnet sent me a letter saying they want their modem back, so a family member just got Fibre and gave me his old Eircom ZyXEL F-660 modem. The Wi-Fi and DSL lights stay solid green, but the Internet one stays red, can anyone offer any assistance on this issue.

you need to log onto the modem (192.168.1.254) log in password is broadband1

go to network > wan

PPP User Name: vodafone@vodafone.ie
    (a.k.a. Network ID, PPP Username, Login or Login Username)

PPP Password: broadband

Encapsulation: PPPoE (PPP over Ethernet)

Multiplexing: LLC-based

VPI: 8

VCI: 35

MTU: use default router setting, otherwise use 1492

DNS: set to automatically assigned

If there is a need to be specified use the following

Preferred DNS: 89.19.64.36

Alternate DNS: 89.19.64.164

save settings and your done

• Registered Users Posts: 11,506 ✭✭✭✭Xenji

you need to log onto the modem (192.168.1.254) log in password is broadband1

go to network > wan

PPP User Name: vodafone@vodafone.ie
    (a.k.a. Network ID, PPP Username, Login or Login Username)

PPP Password: broadband

Encapsulation: PPPoE (PPP over Ethernet)

Multiplexing: LLC-based

VPI: 8

VCI: 35

MTU: use default router setting, otherwise use 1492

DNS: set to automatically assigned

If there is a need to be specified use the following

Preferred DNS: 89.19.64.36

Alternate DNS: 89.19.64.164

save settings and your done

Cheers for that, I can get the login page up when I have it wired, but the password does not work, it just brings me back to the login page and I still have limited connectivity, would changing the IP4 settings and using the ones from the working Magnet modem work, such as the IP and DNS settings.

Cheers for that, I can get the login page up when I have it wired, but the password does not work, it just brings me back to the login page and I still have limited connectivity, would changing the IP4 settings and using the ones from the working Magnet modem work, such as the IP and DNS settings.

reset the modem then the password will work

the previous owner changed the admin password

resetting the modem will reset the password back to broadband1

reset the modem then the password will work

the previous owner changed the admin password

resetting the modem will reset the password back to broadband1

I reset it as well, held the button down for 30 seconds till all the lights came on, the previous owner did not change anything, I was the one who set it up after their previous modem broke, just had to put all the wires in and change the wireless code and it worked straight away, so at a loss now with this.

I reset it as well, held the button down for 30 seconds till all the lights came on, the previous owner did not change anything, I was the one who set it up after their previous modem broke, just had to put all the wires in and change the wireless code and it worked straight away, so at a loss now with this.

is it an eircom p-660 with one or two ariels?

if 2 ariels the password is the wifi key - if your locked out because you entered the wrong password 3 times reset the modem to clear the lock out

also the wan settings on the p-660 with 2 ariels is located in network settings > broadband

• Advertisement

is it an eircom p-660 with one or two ariels?

if 2 ariels the password is the wifi key - if your locked out because you entered the wrong password 3 times reset the modem to clear the lock out

also the wan settings on the p-660 with 2 ariels is located in network settings > broadband

Have tried that, it is the black version with one aerial, is there any other way to reset it besides holding down the reset button for 30 seconds?

hold the reset for at least 60 seconds until the power light flashes green and red

also the password is case sensitive so use small letters

broadband1

hold the reset for at least 60 seconds until the power light flashes green and red

also the password is case sensitive so use small letters

broadband1

Thanks for all the help, did not see it go red, will give it a try when I get home :D

Well that was a no go, no matter how long you hold down the reset button it will not got red, got a online version of the manual and it says only to hold it down till it starts blinking green after 15 seconds, still no luck with http://192.168.1.254/cgi-bin/login.asp it just goes in a continous loop back to the password page no matter what password you enter.

Advertisement