Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

dublin pub for all ireland final

Options
  • 21-09-2013 7:11pm

im sure this will be moved but mods i wasnt sure whether it should be dublin or gaa or where....so i will bow to your greater knowledge on this.....
    and theres a gizillion threads about watching it in bejing, kuala lumpur, sydney, brussels, london etc etc etc

anyway, pub, dublin city centre, sunday, all ireland final, during match and afterwards craic, best place????

leaning towards macturcaills/mulligans?

opinions?

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 10,462 ✭✭✭✭WoollyRedHat

I searched all your key terms, and this is what I got- http://www.menupages.ie/dublin/city_centre/city_centre_north/the_oval_bar#.Uj3hj1Mgs4Y

That will be a fiver please, plus ca change.

• Registered Users Posts: 83 ✭✭M442

The big tree maybe.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 23,862 ✭✭✭✭January

Any pub worth it's salt will play it but any of the pubs around Croker would probably be best for atmosphere. The Big Tree is usually the go to place for before/after the match.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,907 ✭✭✭power pants

findlater , the temple, berminghams, auld triangle, joxers, delahuntys all on dorset street

then the ones nearer croke park, quinns, big tree, mcgills, ryans etc etc

basically anywhere in town

• Registered Users Posts: 535 ✭✭✭tapfit2004

findlater , the temple, berminghams, auld triangle, joxers, delahuntys all on dorset street

berminghams is closed for a while

• Advertisement

not planning anywhere near croker to be honest, town is where we
    are heading!

dorset st is city centre, just go to a pub in the city centre and im sure it be fine

• Registered Users Posts: 3,282 ✭✭✭Bandara

bubblypop wrote: »
    not planning anywhere near croker to be honest, town is where we
    are heading!

Sinnotts beside Stephens green center has huge screens, decent sound and will be hopping with bogger women

• Registered Users Posts: 3,624 ✭✭✭Dancor

Dorset street will have the best pre, during and post match athomesphere, but if your dead set on the City Centre I'd go rob the living room or the wool shed.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,598 ✭✭✭Meauldsegosha

There is a big screen in Smithfield. BBQ and bars set up also. Post and pre-match entertainment. Weather is to be good so it could be an option for you.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 8,484 ✭✭✭Gloomtastic!

There is a big screen in Smithfield. BBQ and bars set up also. Post and pre-match entertainment. Weather is to be good so it could be an option for you.

I think that event is alcohol-free and barraccaded.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,598 ✭✭✭Meauldsegosha

Oh right. Heard it mentioned on the radio earlier no mention of it being an alcohol free event.

• Registered Users Posts: 457 ✭✭AUDIE MURPHY

The Aul Dub in Temple Bar is great , live music and screens
    and full of real supporters from Dublin. You won't regret going

• Closed Accounts Posts: 24,878 ✭✭✭✭arybvtcw0eolkf

The Aul Dub in Temple Bar is great , live music and screens
    and full of real supporters from Dublin. You won't regret going

You will, its crazy expensive.

I'd recommend Darky Kellys on Fishamble Street, they've a ballad session which rocks the house after the games... And the manager is a Mayo man, the craic will be mighty :)

Went there today, was very good, some people were drinking but was a relaxed and good atmosphere and big attendance

• Closed Accounts Posts: 22,559 ✭✭✭✭AnonoBoy

January wrote: »
    Any pub worth it's salt will play it but any of the pubs around Croker would probably be best for atmosphere. The Big Tree is usually the go to place for before/after the match.

The Big Tree can be way too packed. I watched an All-Ireland final in there a few years back. It was well over capacity, people were rammed in so tight that several people fainted during the game.

It was verging on dangerous to be honest.

Advertisement