Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Primary School Celbridge

Options
  • 21-09-2013 7:28pm
    Registered Users Posts: 5

I grew up in Celbridge and will be relocating back there with my two young children from the U.S. during the summer next year. We will be living in the Hazelhatch area and we are interested in hearing about people's experiences with St. Patrick's school on the Hazelhatch road.

I went to the girls school in the Main Street but I would prefer a mixed school so I can send both my kids to the same place. My daughter will be starting school September 2014.

Any feedback would be greatly appreciated! Thanks!

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 1,781 ✭✭✭Joe Public

The comments at this link sound good, they are about two years old.

• Registered Users Posts: 433 ✭✭kildarecommuter

With regards to the non national comments on joe publics link that worried us a bit at start but we've noticed that the younger classes haven't as many non nationals as older classes.
    We are really happy and the principal and staff are great and the class sizes are good

• Registered Users Posts: 1,681 ✭✭✭2011abc

Personally find tone of this 'non national' stuff worrying and offensive (Im irish) .We live in a multicultural society now .Ye may get used to it!Im sure in my daughters classes more than half the kids arent of 'native' irish origin (no problems whatsoever there)and yes I appreciate if there are a large number of students who dont speak english thats a massive issue .A society that allows people to be manipulated into hating certain sectors of its citizens got Germany into its mess in 1933-45...

• Registered Users Posts: 1,781 ✭✭✭Joe Public

2011abc wrote: »
    Personally find tone of this 'non national' stuff worrying and offensive (Im irish) .We live in a multicultural society now .Ye may get used to it!Im sure in my daughters classes more than half the kids arent of 'native' irish origin (no problems whatsoever there)and yes I appreciate if there are a large number of students who dont speak english thats a massive issue .A society that allows people to be manipulated into hating certain sectors of its citizens got Germany into its mess in 1933-45...

Steady there! don't be trying to derail the topic. Nobody made any derogatory remarks one way or the other.

• Moderators, Education Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 18,953 Mod ✭✭✭✭Moonbeam

Ring the schools and find out what their enrollment policies are.
    There can be a bit of an issue with school places in the area so it might be that the name had to be down in your chosen school at birth or it might be that they only accept applications the year before.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 5 Bhmum

Thanks for all your helpful comments!

• Registered Users Posts: 3 ali007

Hi all
    I am thinking of sending my daughter to St Patricks school next September, as we live in Hazelhatch it would be so handy for us and save us alot of hassle. Would really appreciate some feedback from this school.

Advertisement