Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Airport Extreme/Express/Network woes...

• 21-09-2013 7:39pm
    Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,581 ✭✭✭

Any help on this would be brilliant...

Today I decided i would tidy up loads of cables & power cords around my tv & AE etc but when i hooked everything back up my network/wifi was all over the place.

Before unhooking everything I had:
    UPC modem going to 4th gen airport extreme bridging to 2nd gen airport express extending my network very nicely.

Afterwards the network couldnt find the Express at all so I reset the Express using that tiny pin hole on the back but still no joy.
    I reset the Airport Extreme in the hope of it all being setup again from scratch but of course, no joy finding the Express there either.
    Fiddled around some more and got Airport Utility to find the express again but now another issue... The express has no IP address associated with it!?
    -Error 6753

Several resets later and still no joy getting back to the setup i had (network perfect & extended by the express)
    Has anyone got ANY suggestions as im at the end of my patience here.
    Am i mad in assuming that 'technically' resetting the extreme & express & setting up from scratch should fix the issue/issues?

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,206 ✭✭✭Zcott

Weird issue alright. When you reset the express did it show up as a wireless network for you to join? That's the usual setup procedure with those.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,581 ✭✭✭barryd09

Yeah i used to get that alright but now all i can get is 'no ip address associated with this apple wireless device'

Ive tried setting up both wired & wireless countless times.

Very odd indeed as i only got the extreme last week & replaced a linksys router in about 3 mins & all worked straight away as expected, the express extended the network immediately.

I just cant understand how hard resetting both the devices didnt sort the problem...?

Now airport utility cant detect the express at all.
    Is it possible the express needs replacing?
    Only got it about 4 months ago & was only used for airplaying music, only last week i started using it for extending the network.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 245 ✭✭Aeneas

I had similar problems with Airport Express when I changed my modem a few months ago. Similar error messages too. I am not going to be of great help to you because I can't remember what exactly I did to get the thing working again but I recall 1) that I Googled the error messages and got some advice there; 2) I used the Set Up Guide that comes with the device, and 3) it took me several frustrating hours. My principal interest was using it to connect my devices to my HiFi. I managed to get it operating again for my iPhone and iPad but it won't, for some reason, play wirelessly from my laptop, which is a bit of a pain because that's where I store most of my music. I mention this to suggest that it is unlikely that the Express needs replacing. But in my experience easy it is not.

So.... Brought the Express into a local authorised service centre here in galway.
    Gave them the story from my OP, they took it and ran loads of diagnostic tests on it, no issues showing up on it at all.
    I was advised by them to set it up while wired to the Extreme.

Did that, green light, airport utility tells me no issues with either the Express or Extreme.
    Plug the ethernet out & its back to the flashing amber & error 6753.

The Extreme is in bridge mode & the extend wirless network box is checked.

Another odd thing is that when the Extreme is in bridge mode i lose wifi on my ipad but not my iphone.
    The ipad detects the network but the spinning wheel just keeps spinning where a tick icon would usually be when connected.
    Take it out of bridge mode and all is fine again.
    This doesnt happen on my phone though.

Are the two issues related?
    Could it be an issue with my UPC?
    Is the Extreme the problem?

Im just BAFFLED at how it all worked perfectly at one point and then not at all...

• Advertisement

Great success!!

Same issue as mine in this thread, followed the instructions and it worked.

https://discussions.apple.com/thread/2636549?start=0&tstart=0

Maybe the mods could edit the post subject to include Error 6753 in the title because im sure there are people that will possibly come across this problem at some stage.

Advertisement