Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Possible to transfer from Media to IT course?

Options
  • 21-09-2013 8:25pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 192 ✭✭

I am doing Multimedia in an IT college, so far I like the coursework, but I am afraid that in a few weeks time, I might end up hating it and having to drop out, which I don't want to do, but there is a lot of modules in it that i did not realise would be there. The head lecturer did say at induction week that there is the option of transfer if the chosen course is not for you, and I was hoping for maybe an IT course as a second option if Media ends up not being my thing, but I was just wondering is that possible to transfer from a Media to an IT course? I am asking because both courses are under different schools, so i not sure if you can transfer to another school, or only to another course within your school.

I don't want to ask lecturers yet, because I don't want them to think that I am giving up already, which i am not, I just want to see what my other options are because I just really don't want to drop out in general, because I am just lucky to have been able to get into any 3rd-level course.

Advertisement