Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

AIB -Purchase Fin charge- Why??

Options
  • 21-09-2013 8:37pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 166 ✭✭

I'm gonna ring these guys asap but I was wondering if anyone can shed any light in the mean time.

This appeared on my online banking statement:

20/09/13 PURCHASE *FINANCE CH 4.12
    20/09/13 CASH * FINANCE CHAR 0.19

I cleared my visa card last month and do not owe them a penny.

Im actually in the process of switching to PTSB anyway but can anyone

guess at why this charge is here?

Thanks

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,070 ✭✭✭ScouseMouse

Those charges seem to suggest you did not pay on time.

On my AIB Visa card, it used to be if you paid your bill before the next bill, there was no charge applied. Last month I noticed they seem to have closed the gap where payment date MEANS payment date. I used to be able to squeez a few extra days out of it until the next bill printing run.

For example. Payment date 19th, bill printed 23rd. Now they hit you on the 20th where they did not before.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 166 ✭✭Sir_Badshot

Those charges seem to suggest you did not pay on time.

On my AIB Visa card, it used to be if you paid your bill before the next bill, there was no charge applied. Last month I noticed they seem to have closed the gap where payment date MEANS payment date. I used to be able to squeez a few extra days out of it until the next bill printing run.

For example. Payment date 19th, bill printed 23rd. Now they hit you on the 20th where they did not before.

Hummmn, thanks for that.

So it seams if they don't get you one way, the get you the other!

Time to ditch this card I think, an AIB.

Thanks agian

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,070 ✭✭✭ScouseMouse

Hummmn, thanks for that.

So it seams if they don't get you one way, the get you the other!

Time to ditch this card I think, an AIB.

Thanks agian

Sorry, but I disagree with your last comment.

They are just enforcing their own rules, and to be honest, they are fair.

I dont think its a reason to dump the card (unless you are looking at the rest of the crap they are up to.)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 166 ✭✭Sir_Badshot

(unless you are looking at the rest of the crap they are up to.)

That would be the one.

The new charges are a joke. Although point taken about the finance charge I got.

AIB are pretty much a criminal organisation who appear to have carte blanche in this country to act as they please.

My switch pack is here for PTSB :)

• Registered Users Posts: 5 brideog

I too got charged purchase*finance ch with aib but my card is set up for 100% direct debit so if I owe anything it's their fault! Any ideas as to how I can stop this?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 3,636 ✭✭✭dotsman

brideog wrote: »
    Any ideas as to how I can stop this?

Yes - try the AIB forum!

• Registered Users Posts: 24,924 ✭✭✭✭BuffyBot

Check next month's statement for a "resurrecting dead thread and didn't read the charter" charge.

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement