Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

I need some reassurance

Options
  • 21-09-2013 8:47pm
    Registered Users Posts: 166,026 ✭✭✭✭

I don't know if I'm doing it right with my daughters routine. I just wanted some advice and suggestions. Don't have any friends with kids so nothing to compare with!
    My little one is 11 months.

Goes to bed at 6pm and wakes up at 6am, give her a bottle and she might sleep for another another but usually shes up and awake at 6am. I bring her downstairs and let her play and crawl around, then I give her breakfast. Breakfast is usually toast, yogurt or fruit smoothie or porridge but she always has toast as she likes to chew (helps with teeth)
    Then I let her wear herself out and play and crawl and watch some baby channel and she goes down for a nap for about 1hr at 10ish.
    We usually got for a walk and then she'd get another bottle.
    Then more crawling around in safe area as I do cleaning etc.
    Lunch is pasta or chicken or something like that and maybe some snack like rusks or banana.

Then dinner time is porridge and maybe some toast.

some more playtime and bath and then bed.

In total she drinks around 18oz of milk and 3oz of water.

Does this sound right? any suggestions?

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,948 ✭✭✭Sligo1

If that works for you then I think you're doing great. If you don't mind the early mornings it sounds like her routine is how it should be. My fella is 10 months and goes to bed around 7.30-8 and sleeps till around 8am. So he goes to bed a bit later but I love that I do t have to get up till 8am. But as I said, if you don't mind the 6am start then sounds like your routine is perfect for you and baby. My fella gets 2 bottles (each 8oz) and 3 main meals with 2 snacks. You're doing great :-)

• Registered Users Posts: 12,916 ✭✭✭✭iguana

The one thing it might be worth thinking about is that the clocks will be going back before we know it and 6am will become 5am. If I can, in the next couple of weeks, I'm going to start easing into the new time as much as I can before the clocks actually change. For some reason, I think that will be easier than trying to adjust after the change.

• Registered Users Posts: 14,296 ✭✭✭✭Cienciano

That routine looks very similar to mine when he was that age. Only difference was, ours was about an hour and a half later, bedtime routine started at half-7.

Advertisement