Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Samsung Galaxy S 2

• 21-09-2013 8:49pm
    Registered Users Posts: 52 ✭✭

Got a second-hand Galaxy S 2 which is supposed to be unlocked but I can't pick up Meteor network. I'm not a tech-head so answers in layman's terms please

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,631 ✭✭✭pah

chopper666 wrote: »
    Got a second-hand Galaxy S 2 which is supposed to be unlocked but I can't pick up Meteor network. I'm not a tech-head so answers in layman's terms please

I guess it's not unlocked then.

pah wrote: »
    I guess it's not unlocked then.

Not a very helpful answer really.

If it's not unlocked it would prompt for an unlock code when he puts in the new sim card and turns on the phone.

I'd recommend a factory reset if it hasn't already been done. Also, it could have a non stock ROM on it that's not working well causing the issue. This is fairly common with second hand Androids.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,631 ✭✭✭pah

Sacramento wrote: »

If it's not unlocked it would prompt for an unlock code when he puts in the new sim card and turns on the phone.

I'd recommend a factory reset if it hasn't already been done. Also, it could have a non stock ROM on it that's not working well causing the issue. This is fairly common with second hand Androids.

At least my answer was in layman's terms.

• Registered Users Posts: 52 ✭✭chopper666

Sacramento wrote: »

Thanks for reply Sacramento, Done factory reset and problem persists, It's still under warranty so I goanna get my money back.....pah your a dickhead and with a user name like that your probably a smelly knacker as well

• Closed Accounts Posts: 14,380 ✭✭✭✭Banjo String

Thanks for reply Sacramento, Done factory reset and problem persists, It's still under warranty so I goanna get my money back.....pah your a dickhead and with a user name like that your probably a smelly knacker as well

Lovely.

Anyway, to answer your question op, if it won't pick up the network your SIM is for, it's probably not unlocked.
    I know this from my own experience a few weeks back. In my case it didn't ask for a SIM network unlock code either, just didn't pick up the network I was trying to access for my mate (O2)
    If your plugins is rooted, it can be done via an app in the play store, but as you've already stated your not tech minded, it's prob best you take it to a professional.

What part of the country are you in?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,494 ✭✭✭bidiots

rntPpl1.gif

Advertisement