Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Can you update xbox 360 dashboard with DVD drive disconnected?

• 21-09-2013 10:26pm
    Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 9,053 ✭✭✭

Howdy folks!

I have an Xbox 360 with a fried DVD drive so I have it physically disconnected.

While trying to update the dashboard with a USB stick, i get the "cannot process update" error when I agree to update it.

Is this because the dvd drive is disconnected?

I'm using a freshly flashed 8GB Stick - FAT32, with the latest update from microsoft extracted to it.

My current dashboard version is 2.0.9199.0.

I also tried everything here in this troubleshooting guide, except trying to flash it via XBox live:

http://forums.xbox.com/xbox_forums/xbox_support/f/4231/t/1570574.aspx

Any help would be appreciated!

Thanks.

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 33,733 ✭✭✭✭Myrddin

Yep part of the firmware installation is a drive-firmware flash too afaik, & with your drive disconnected it's causing the error

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 9,053 ✭✭✭Doge

EnterNow wrote: »
    Yep part of the firmware installation is a drive-firmware flash too afaik, & with your drive disconnected it's causing the error

Thanks for the reply!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,320 ✭✭✭roast

Yep, not gonna work. Had an issue with a drive before which ended up in it being removed. Couldn't update the dash until if was reconnected.

Advertisement