Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

DIT Rifle Club - Start Joining

Options
  • 21-09-2013 11:39pm
    Registered Users Posts: 2,827 ✭✭✭

Hey ladies and gents. DIT has at long last set up its own rifle club. We are now the third college in Ireland to have one. To join this establishment pop over to our stand next week in the clubs and soc fest for only €2. The money collected will go directly to developing the club. NO EXPERIENCE IS REQUIRED.

If you can't for some reason come festival, YOU CAN JOIN AT ANY TIME IN THE YEAR.

Please Like our page on facebook and contact details are there too.

Any questions whats so ever, feel free to contact us by pm, email, phone facebook, letter or below

Phone:087 618 1717

Email:Barry.Burke3@mydit.ie

Facebook.com/ditrifle

Pm: on boards

Letter: Avoid letter if you can, However you want to
    send a letter to

Barry Burke
    DIT RIFLE CLUB.
    Sports Office DIT Aungier Street,
    Dublin 2,
    Ireland.

Days at stand.

23d September – 10 am to 3pm: DIT Aungier Street (Courtyard opposite Java)

24th September – 10 am to 3pm: DIT Kevin Street (Gleeson Theatre)

25th September – 11 am to 2 pm : DIT Cathal Brugha Street (Church across the road from main entrance), Portland Row

26th of September – 10 am to 3pm: DIT Bolton Street (Main Social Concourse)

If for some reason you go over to stand and there is nobody there please forgive me , our resources on man power is very stretched and We have lectures as well to get to.Just leave your contact detail and ill get back to you as quick as i can. Also , The times above are taken from the dit website, The Details may be a bit inaccurate. Must rested assured , we will be there.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 8 SteveL

Do you need any equipment of your own to join the club.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,827 ✭✭✭bpb101

SteveL wrote: »
    Do you need any equipment of your own to join the club.
    None whatsoever. The club will be renting the use of equipment from the range that we will be using

We wont be allowed to use our own weapons, even if people did have them

Final day at the clubs and soc week , Has been very buzy the last few days but 110% worth it, We have signed up 34 memebers so far getting 11 today in cathal brugha st which is great considering we could only get people to cover the stand for about an hour there. Due to this we were late and we were lucky to get a chair, so we had everything on that, not ideal but it attracted attention.

Bolton Street Tomorow, i have the morning off so i will be there nice and early So if you havent signed up , be sure to call over to us, or send us a message on facebook and ill arrage to meet you somewhere

www.facebook.com/ditrifle

Meeting tomorrow at 5:15 meet outside the SU shop in kevin st

• Registered Users Posts: 401 ✭✭BrianG23

Hey I missed this, any chance of joining still?

• Advertisement

BrianG23 wrote: »
    Hey I missed this, any chance of joining still?
    You can of course. There is a meeting tommorow at 5:15. We meet outside the su shop in kevin st and then to some lecture hall or room that there nobody in. Ill sign you up there

• Registered Users Posts: 165 ✭✭leo2a6

Any news ? When does it start ?

leo2a6 wrote: »
    Any news ? When does it start ?
    At the moment we are awaiting 2 things , a budget and a range
    There has been a lot of work going on behind the scenes however. Yesterday and today i was in anguier st doing a first aid course. No matter what we do or how often we do it, we need people with first aid. This is now sorted, however if you or anybody has first aid , then let us know.

Main 2 things is the budget and the range. One ranges is sending our application or request, whatever you want to call it , to their committee board. This idea of a college team using your range is unheard of (in Ireland), so their would be no guidelines already in places. These things take time, thats is the only problem. Another thing is the budget. All clubs had to submit their request for financial support last friday (11th of October) They started looking at them last Monday. Over 40 application have to be looked at in detail by the sports office, as well as doing everything else.We like all other clubs haven't heard back yet. Most clubs would have some small funds left over from last year or from a lot of membership fees, that will bring them through the first few weeks. This is what is grounding us at the moment. The reason we need a budget is so we can reduce your cost.

As for getting noticed, I have all ready been in contact with Trinity and UCD. Requesting the use of their facilities. Trinity cant due to restrictions on all sports set out by their sports council. UCD have yet to get back to be for the use of their air rifles facilities, But unlikely due to the same reasons as trinity.
    Both have been as helpful as they can be, and are happy about some new competition.

Their was a meeting on the 3rd of October. Notification should have been sent out by email to dit emails.(if your a member and didn't get one, send us a pm) The details were also posted on facebook. Here we elected a comity and a full summary is available on our facebook page. An AGM will be held later in the year (around may) where we select a new comity

These things unfortunately do take time.

Every little detail will be posted on facebook and most things will be also sent out by email....

Barry Burke
    Chairperson.

Advertisement