Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Night auditor/manager or deep cleaner?

Options
  • 21-09-2013 11:43pm
    Registered Users Posts: 1,284 ✭✭✭

My friend is working for the company 6y. he signed contract back then --> description as night auditor. by the time his role changed on payslip to night manager. without singing any further documents.

whatever now the company has provided to him cleaning sheet that includes deep cleaning of the reception area, polishing, moping and buffing the floor, dusting cleaning windows and all rubbish around the hotel area - outside as well. Without any warning or notice. is that ok? can he take it or is there a chance that he can stand up and say no? wearing suit and tie and polishing door handles or foot pads... its doesn't sound right. in the same time covering the reception area and whole hotel in terms of security, issues, maintenance and any problems you can imagine. check-in check-outs, resident BAR and providing all kind of service you can imagine, from room service up to laundry. and yes all by himself every night, on his own.

Are they chancing them arms or can they legally adjust your duties? this is crazy. really crazy.

any advice appreciated

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 13,420 ✭✭✭✭athtrasna

What does his contract say? Mine has something along the lines of "the employee may be assigned other duties to be agreed by the employee and management". I know newer contracts in my place don't have the consent clause.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,284 ✭✭✭Bikerguy

athtrasna wrote: »
    What does his contract say? Mine has something along the lines of "the employee may be assigned other duties to be agreed by the employee and management". I know newer contracts in my place don't have the consent clause.

it say something very similar, that it can be adjusted by agreement. for the moment "he" refused to perform such a task, as being in the same time in 2 places is impossible... i will keep you updated how it went finally and it may give an idea to others.

it doesn't sound fair and its not.

Advertisement