Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Ios7 and three network

• 22-09-2013 9:34am
    Registered Users Posts: 124 ✭✭

Just wondering if anyone with an ios7 iphone on three and have you noticed any network improvements ? Since ios7 my iphone 5 seems to reconnect to 3G from GPRS very quickly and when I want it back I can enter airplane mode and back and it reconnects instantly. On ios6 this could take a long time to do and no amount of switching to airplane mode helped.

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,401 ✭✭✭Nonoperational

Haven't noticed, I'll keep an eye for it.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,170 ✭✭✭scout353

Not on 3 but with VF I've noticed that my iMessage works a lot better. Many times it would not send as an imessage and went as a text message instead.

Since IOS7 all of my imessages have delivered without issue! May be coincidence but I'm happy!!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,213 ✭✭✭culabula

kristok 2 wrote: »
    Just wondering if anyone with an ios7 iphone on three and have you noticed any network improvements ? Since ios7 my iphone 5 seems to reconnect to 3G from GPRS very quickly and when I want it back I can enter airplane mode and back and it reconnects instantly. On ios6 this could take a long time to do and no amount of switching to airplane mode helped.

I'd like to hear more of your observations as the days go by, thanks.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,157 ✭✭✭srsly78

If you need to toggle airplane mode at all then it's broken.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 590 ✭✭✭sumo12

Agree on the imessage being more reliable although a couple have sent as text messages when I was at home on my wireless network ?!?! I am on three network too and haven't really noticed anything different with coverage
    My iphone4 seems to be more responsive and quicker since ios7 though, maybe simply due to dumping photos and music prior to updating.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,861 ✭✭✭Cushie Butterfield

sumo12 wrote: »
    Agree on the imessage being more reliable although a couple have sent as text messages when I was at home on my wireless network ?!?!
    Are you sure you have 'Send as SMS' toggled to OFF in your message settings?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 825 ✭✭✭dave oc

sumo12 wrote: »
    Agree on the imessage being more reliable although a couple have sent as text messages when I was at home on my wireless network ?!?! I am on three network too and haven't really noticed anything different with coverage
    My iphone4 seems to be more responsive and quicker since ios7 though, maybe simply due to dumping photos and music prior to updating.

iMessages will send as a text when the recipient has weak or no coverage. The message will try and deliver for a few mins as an iMessage, if it is taking too long it will roll back to a text message. So it's doesn't matter if you are on wifi or not.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,861 ✭✭✭Cushie Butterfield

Dave6195 wrote: »
    iMessages will send as a text when the recipient has weak or no coverage. The message will try and deliver for a few mins as an iMessage, if it is taking too long it will roll back to a text message.
    Only if Send as SMS is switched on in message settings, otherwise it will just fail & you'll get the red warning sign informing you that message sending has failed

• Registered Users Posts: 124 ✭✭kristok 2

srsly78 wrote: »
    If you need to toggle airplane mode at all then it's broken.

I work in an area where there's patchy 3G and have to do it sometimes when I drop to their useless gprs but before 7 airplane mode was hit and miss and best now it works every time can only assume 7 has fixed this issue. In saying that it's just finding 3G on three on its own much quicker used to be up to 20 min before the update now it's more like a min or two if I don't force it.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,157 ✭✭✭srsly78

On other networks there is no switching problem at all. I left 3 because I was sick of toggling airplane mode all the time. Whenever you go inside a building with thick walls there is "patchy" 3g.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,323 ✭✭✭brophs

No idea if anyone else is finding the same but the call forwarding symbol has started reappearing on my phone after it's powered on. Same as happened a year or two back. It disappears once you open the call forwarding menu.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 13,687 ✭✭✭✭jack presley

It still won't automatically re-connect to 3G when I come back into an area with coverage after I've lost it.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 590 ✭✭✭sumo12

Are you sure you have 'Send as SMS' toggled to OFF in your message settings?

No it's on. I'd rather the message sent as an SMS than not at all!

Advertisement