Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

before or after??

• 22-09-2013 11:56am
    Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,118 ✭✭✭

Should i do cardio before or after i lift weights?

Or should i even bother with it?

TB26

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 108 ✭✭cgmd1

Whether you do cardio or not will depend on your goals.

But definitely do it after your weights

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,118 ✭✭✭tommyboy26

cgmd1 wrote: »
    Whether you do cardio or not will depend on your goals.

But definitely do it after your weights

i set out to lose wait and tone up. i have lost a stone already and the more muscle i build the more i want:P i mainly have belly weight left now. my new goals are too lose the belly and get bigger arms chest shoulders back and legs.

why after weights for cardio?

You want to be fresh when you do your weights, so leave the cardio until after.

In reality you don't actually need to do any cardio, you could lose the belly through lifting and diet.

But if you like doing cardio, have at it.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,283 ✭✭✭Deedsie

Do posters here warm up prior to lifting? And if so what do you consider a good warm up?

I jump rope for 5 or 6 mins then move onto whatever lift I will be doing. I start with the empty bar and just do sets adding weight until I am up to my working weight.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,909 ✭✭✭sarumite

Personally I do cardio before and after. I find doing it before gets my heart pumping and gets me in the mood for some weights.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,283 ✭✭✭Deedsie

sarumite wrote: »
    Personally I do cardio before and after. I find doing it before gets my heart pumping and gets me in the mood for some weights.

10/20 minute run, bike, skipping etc? What cardio do you do? It does it matter as long as it isat the right intensity?

Advertisement