Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Cleaning rusty wheel spokes

• 22-09-2013 12:44pm
    Users Awaiting Email Confirmation Posts: 76 ✭✭

Anyone know the bust product or way to clean rusty spokes? The bike in question is a Harley

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 11,465 ✭✭✭✭cantdecide

Sodablast have samples of spoked wheels that they have blasted and powder-coated. It depends on how much you had in mind to spend of course. My brother has Shadow 1100 and I know he gets out the scotch pads and autosol but the results are always temporary and it's a hoor of a job.

• Users Awaiting Email Confirmation Posts: 76 ✭✭jd6920s

cantdecide wrote: »
    Sodablast have samples of spoked wheels that they have blasted and powder-coated. It depends on how much you had in mind to spend of course. My brother has Shadow 1100 and I know he gets out the scotch pads and autosol but the results are always temporary and it's a hoor of a job.

Thing is I was asked to clean them!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 117 ✭✭illeagles_mcc

scrub the spokes with a dry ball of tinfoil, sounds crazy but strips rust off like u wouldnt believe, polish with autosol after

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 10,013 ✭✭✭✭Wonda-Boy

Apparently as above I was told about this method on the spin just gone. But the trick is to use white vinegar and tinfoil for rust as its the chemical reaction that gets rid of the rust.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 117 ✭✭illeagles_mcc

ah nice one didnt know that about the vinegar.
    dont forget good old coca cola
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=z7OdX42NjWQ

have tried this too, works great

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,216 ✭✭✭Ayrtonf7

Can vouch for the tinfoil. Takes off rust as long as it hasnt penetrated the layer of chrome/paint

• Registered Users Posts: 217 ✭✭Sagi

nice, will try tinfoil and if this does not work, the coke vid is quite impressive

Advertisement