Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

anyway to download from RTE player?

Options
  • 22-09-2013 3:45pm
    Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 397 ✭✭

Hi all,
    I've tried the YouTube downloader program and a couple of add ons for my browser but none of them can seemingly download from RTE player.

Anybody know if it's possible?

Cheers

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 88,978 ✭✭✭✭mike65

I've not heard of any capture programmes working.

Pointing a camera at the screen might be your best best.

• Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators Posts: 11,016 Mod ✭✭✭✭yoyo

RTE encrypt streams and discussion about bypasing such encryption is not ok. Screen recording software is a solution, which doesn't involve breaking the encryption

Nick

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 397 ✭✭welkin

yoyo wrote: »
    RTE encrypt streams and discussion about bypasing such encryption is not ok. Screen recording software is a solution, which doesn't involve breaking the encryption

Nick

Thought youtube did the same but some programs allow you to download from there.

I guess it's possible but the guys that create these programs obviously don't have RTE player as a priority I guess.

• Registered Users Posts: 831 ✭✭✭daingeanrob

what are you looking to record op? im currently recording the all ireland for a relative in austrailia, if this is what your looking for i can forward you a copy?

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 397 ✭✭welkin

what are you looking to record op? im currently recording the all ireland for a relative in austrailia, if this is what your looking for i can forward you a copy?

Nah a different video for a guy overseas.

It's all good though, not that important tbh.

• Advertisement

welkin wrote: »
    Thought youtube did the same but some programs allow you to download from there.

I guess it's possible but the guys that create these programs obviously don't have RTE player as a priority I guess.

Most Youtube videos don't use RTMPE which is what I think RTE are using, some Youtube videos particularly restricted TV shows cannot be downloaded as they have encryption

Nick

• Registered Users Posts: 2,739 ✭✭✭MyPeopleDrankTheSoup

<SNIP>. See here.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,739 ✭✭✭MyPeopleDrankTheSoup

<SNIP>. See here.

well technically what i mentioned doesn't break the encryption either, but fair enough

• Registered Users Posts: 6,163 ✭✭✭ZENER

I use Quicktime 7 Pro on the mac to record the screen, not sure if there's a Windows version of Pro ?

Ken

ZENER wrote: »
    I use Quicktime 7 Pro on the mac to record the screen, not sure if there's a Windows version of Pro ?

Ken

CamStudio should do it fine.

Nick

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 8,398 ✭✭✭Gadgetman496

Replay Video Capture 6 will do it for sure too

"Everybody is a genius. But if you judge a fish by its ability to climb a tree, it will live its whole life believing that it is stupid."

Advertisement