Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Experience with Saucony progrid Omni 11?

Options
  • 22-09-2013 4:29pm
    Registered Users Posts: 2,593 ✭✭✭

Hi

Ha anybody here had any experience with the Saucony progrid Omni 11 shoe?
    I got fitted in amphibian king in Ballymount at the end of July for them and I have found that they are wearing very very quickly around the heel, much more so than the pair of Asics 2170 that I had before them. I have only clocked up 134 KM in them so far since 29th July but the wear on them to me seems a bit much and I wanted to know has anybody else here experienced that with them?
    I have attached images below of what they are like new out of the box from the Saucony site and what mine look like after 134km.
    If they continue wearing at that rate then I guess I will be looking for a new pair in another 150km or so! :eek:

272870.jpg

272871.JPG

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 68 ✭✭el_greco

I noticed the exact same on mine too (omni 12), earlier than I would have expected. I am a heel striker though and 90kg, so I am not surprised!

• Registered Users Posts: 2,593 ✭✭✭tommycahir

el_greco wrote: »
    I noticed the exact same on mine too (omni 12), earlier than I would have expected. I am a heel striker though and 90kg, so I am not surprised!
    Heel striker here aswell and 93kgs, think I will be heading back to the asics 2170(if I can get them in outlet store) or to the 2000 series, there was very little difference in terms of correcting my over pronation when getting fitted by amphibian king the saucony was only marginally better, also noticed that since I moved to saucony that I have been getting blisters but as I went up 0.5 size wise I am not clear if that is cause or the shoe themselves ..

• Registered Users Posts: 5,468 ✭✭✭sconhome

Hey tommycahir, from what I can make out in the pictures the heels do not look overly worn, the dimpling is still quite clear on the heel. What kind of surface are you running on? I'm guessing that there is some firebreak or gravel trails as they look quite dusty. They can be a little bit more aggressive on a sole than tarmac.

Aside from that you should be making less contact on the heel in the Omni relative to the Asics as the heel to toe angle is lower. You should as a result be less abrasive on contact with the ground in the Omni.

Maybe give Damian a call in Bray a call, he wears Omni all the time and is possibly the best one to speak to about wear and tear in them. Also mention the blistering to him, where on the foot etc.

Advertisement