Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Sea angling co Louth

Options
  • 22-09-2013 4:40pm
    Registered Users Posts: 542 ✭✭✭

Hi folks hoping to get back into some shore fishing as moving to dromiskin in co louth. Do you know of any clubs etc about or marks for digging bait fishing flatties and bass? Anyone interested in heading out some eve next week drop us a pm please as great weather for it! Tight lines

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 8 jedhead85

Did you find what you were looking for. Total beginner starting out in similar area.

• Registered Users Posts: 542 ✭✭✭gomamochi1

jedhead85 wrote: »
    Did you find what you were looking for. Total beginner starting out in similar area.

No joy. Was out in templetown bee h with lug worm and spinners.no joy though. Fish jumping in front of me!

• Registered Users Posts: 4,246 ✭✭✭ardinn

Try sea-angling-ireland.org

You will get a better response there!

• Registered Users Posts: 2,563 ✭✭✭Fingers Mcginty

I hope you don't mind OP if i ask a quick question. I'm interested in starting fishing again and want to get my son started also. I'd be fishing off the jetty in Mornington (Boyne est) ,,,What do i need to get started? Would it have to be a sea angling rod and reel? Any help appreciated. :)

• Registered Users Posts: 1,284 ✭✭✭Bikerguy

I hope you don't mind OP if i ask a quick question. I'm interested in starting fishing again and want to get my son started also. I'd be fishing off the jetty in Mornington (Boyne est) ,,,What do i need to get started? Would it have to be a sea angling rod and reel? Any help appreciated. :)

If you target sea trout get yourself first a state licence permit. Just ring them say mornington area its 56e season..but its over know... April to September only.

Now back to your q...you can easy pull off some good fish with regular spinning rod... If you targeting the beach you defo need a long strong rod... Aka beachcaster... Lures depend what fish you are after... Example For bass lures similar to pike ones... Plenty to choose

Not much fish there nowadays.... With mackerel slowly leaving its going to be dead there pretty much.

• Advertisement
Advertisement