Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

*Accounting Thread 2013/14*

• 22-09-2013 5:41pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 1,311 ✭✭✭

There have been a lot of questions to do with Accounting recently and myself am full of them so I thought a centralised thread where Leaving Cert 2014 Accounting Students could come together and help each other out with stuff you don't get and ask questions relating to the subject. Nothing to do with the fact the 6th Year OT was starting to be filled with my questions :p

I only picked up the subject recently so Ill have a lot more questions than answers :pac:

Good luck everyone!:)

First question: What topics will you be staying well clear of and topics you are banking on in the paper? It'd be good if I had an idea how hard/popular a topic was before I started it, I currently have no clue.....

Also can anyone recommend a good accounting book for the theory?

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 4,159 ✭✭✭yournerd

Days 298 wrote: »
    There have been a lot of questions to do with Accounting recently and myself am full of them so I thought a centralised thread where Leaving Cert 2014 Accounting Students could come together and help each other out with stuff you don't get and ask questions relating to the subject. Nothing to do with the fact the 6th Year OT was starting to be filled with my questions :p

I only picked up the subject recently so Ill have a lot more questions than answers :pac:

First question: What topics will you be staying well clear of and topics you are banking on in the paper? It'd be good if I had an idea how hard/popular a topic was before I started it, I currently have no clue.....

Marginal Costing is deff popping up this year and perhaps a Club or Farm account.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,472 ✭✭✭SChique00

Days 298 wrote: »

Question predictions, you say? I reckon we'll get a sole trader for the Q1, but if they decide to be completely heartless and give us a manufacturing for the second year in a row, I'll be doing two 60-markers instead xD
    I'm planning on doing the ratios/interpretation question too - so handy once you know all the ratios and how to use them ;)

As for a good theory book, I've heard great things about Revise Wise for Accounting - planning on buying it in the next week or two. Stear clear of Rapid Revision; our teacher thinks it's the second Bible but it's useless unless you're considering ordinary level - then the examples are quite good. :pac:

• Registered Users Posts: 28 Achieve Greatness

SChique00 wrote: »
    I'm planning on doing the ratios/interpretation question too - so handy once you know all the ratios and how to use them ;)

I've a test on that tomorrow! Don't know any of the ratios at all yet, but it does seem like relatively easy marks if you know them. The writing part is grand.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,472 ✭✭✭SChique00

I've a test on that tomorrow! Don't know any of the ratios at all yet, but it does seem like relatively easy marks if you know them. The writing part is grand.

Oh good luck - I had a test on it today! :D the ratios are finally starting to stick with me, but only after I made the effort to write and re-write them all out several times over, as well as trial-and-error from putting them into practice in questions. But practise is the one word that sums up the whole Accounting course really, isn't it? :pac:

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,311 ✭✭✭Days 298

I have to say getting a question right in Accounting has a good feeling :D
    Did this 2008 Q2 (http://www.examinations.ie/archive/exampapers/2008/LC032ALP000EV.pdf) today in study and got it right. Its a Creditors Control Account, Ive no idea of the questions or the syllabus even so no idea of its difficulty :o. May be patting myself on the back for getting 2+2 right :pac:

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,608 ✭✭✭cathalio11

Hi guys. In 5th year, we covered things like Depreciation, Tabular, Club, Published, Incomplete etc.. All came up last year.

Just wondering if Suspense, Revaluation, Farm and Cash Flow are as do-able as the questions above?

Would they be harder, easier or basically just the same (i.e. With study, easy).

• Registered Users Posts: 90 ✭✭sinead18

Farm and Revaluation are really easy but theres a lot of understanding behind the suspense :P

• Registered Users Posts: 1,608 ✭✭✭cathalio11

sinead18 wrote: »
    Farm and Revaluation are really easy but theres a lot of understanding behind the suspense :P

Thank you very much, Sinéad!

• Registered Users Posts: 90 ✭✭sinead18

Hey guys just wondering has anyone got extra exam questions like mocks other than whats in the exam papers?........ My teacher has been saying "yeah guys ill get you those mock questions there when i get a chance" since the start of 5th year and still hasnt managed to get them, would be much appreciated if anyone could help me out!! :D

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,311 ✭✭✭Days 298

Guys any websites with worked out solutions of questions in particular 2010 Suspense Accounts (HL)

• Advertisement
Advertisement