Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Dennehy's cross road layout

Options
124»

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,196 ✭✭✭boardsuser1

TheChizler wrote: »
    Is that new? Haven't gone that direction in a while to avoid the whole issue.

I spotted them during Christmas 2015. Before that I dont think there was anything like you said previously.

• Registered Users Posts: 870 ✭✭✭overmantle

TheChizler wrote: »
    Is that new? Haven't gone that direction in a while to avoid the whole issue.

When I can avoid that road layout, I do as it's so frustrating and time consuming, due to delays.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,162 ✭✭✭Wyldwood

I live on Model Farm Road and if I'm coming from Wilton side I go out through Bishopstown and down Melbourn rather than down the chaos that's Wilton Road since that layout was introduced. It's a nightmare and a lot of the problem is that many of the cars coming from CUH are people not familiar with the area and are totally confused by the signage and road markings. Urgently needs reverting to two lanes as previously.

Wyldwood wrote: »
    I live on Model Farm Road and if I'm coming from Wilton side I go out through Bishopstown and down Melbourn rather than down the chaos that's Wilton Road since that layout was introduced. It's a nightmare and a lot of the problem is that many of the cars coming from CUH are people not familiar with the area and are totally confused by the signage and road markings. Urgently needs reverting to two lanes as previously.

I said this to Jerry Buttimer yesterday on twitter. have a read below;

https://twitter.com/CorkTruckDriver/status/821729745020874756

• Registered Users Posts: 6,546 ✭✭✭kub

Wyldwood wrote: »

Bus Lanes are not unique to Wilton Road and i think Irish drivers in general study the rules of the road before their driving test and then slowly but surely forget these rules as the years go by.

How come when i am visiting Dublin, i know not to drive in Bus Lanes?

• Advertisement

kub wrote: »
    Bus Lanes are not unique to Wilton Road and i think Irish drivers in general study the rules of the road before their driving test and then slowly but surely forget these rules as the years go by.

How come when i am visiting Dublin, i know not to drive in Bus Lanes?

Having driven buses in Dublin, I agree, it does happen but is a very isolated case when it does.

KC161 wrote: »
    I said this to Jerry Buttimer yesterday on twitter. have a read below;

https://twitter.com/CorkTruckDriver/status/821729745020874756

Tell him get some shoe polish or a can of black paint and wipe out the bloody right turning arrow on the traffic lane, as the idiots who cannot really drive are mentally challenged by it and assume incorrect things.

KC161 wrote: »
    Having driven buses in Dublin, I agree, it does happen but is a very isolated case when it does.

Chancers though in general as opposed to idiots i reckon.

Hence your user name, did you drive that?

Chancers though in general as opposed to idiots i reckon.

Hence your user name, did you drive that?
    you know what it means???

KC161 wrote:
    you know what it means???

The fleet number of a CIE single decker bombardier bus manufactured in Shannon in the early 80's. ?

https://www.flickr.com/photos/be216cd1/5917667407/in/album-72157627067176756/

• Advertisement

The fleet number of a CIE single decker bombardier bus manufactured in Shannon in the early 80's. ?
    110% correct

Advertisement