Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Cancellation Question

Options
  • 22-09-2013 6:48pm
    Registered Users Posts: 2,467 ✭✭✭

Hi there,

Just a quick question about cancelling, I'm currently 16 paying insurance on my motorbike, I'm payin it by installments.

It's currently costing me 80 euro a month and I can't afford it anymore, I was just wondering if it's possible to cancel, or is there a fee to cancel.

I'm currently in the 4th month of my policy.

Also the 200 euro deposit paid at the start, does that get refunded or?

Just wondering, cheers!

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 328 ✭✭TommiesTank

Hi there,

Just a quick question about cancelling, I'm currently 16 paying insurance on my motorbike, I'm payin it by installments.

It's currently costing me 80 euro a month and I can't afford it anymore, I was just wondering if it's possible to cancel, or is there a fee to cancel.

Just wondering, cheers!

Ring them in the morning, although I would expect the policy documentation and credit agreement should cover these questions.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,467 ✭✭✭SweetCaliber

Hi there,

Just wondering, cheers!

Ring them in the morning, although I would expect the policy documentation and credit agreement should cover these questions.
    Yeah, kind of confused with the policy booklet because I didn't pay the premium all in one go, I'm doing it by installments.

• Company Representative Posts: 163 Verified rep Liberty Insurance: Una

[font=Garamond", "serif]Hi SweetCaliber,[/font]

[font=Garamond", "serif] [/font]

[font=Garamond", "serif]We're sorry to hear that you are thinking of cancelling your policy.  From what you have told me it sounds like you are in your first year of insurance, if so, we will work out your refund based on our cancellation percentage rates shown in your Policy Booklet.[/font]

[font=Calibri", "sans-serif] [/font]

[font=Garamond", "serif]We will work out your annual premium (including any changes made on the policy) and charge you the percentage of that premium depending on the month you wish to cancel.[/font]

[font=Garamond", "serif]As you pay by instalments, we will calculate the charge for your time on cover and then calculate how much you have paid in instalments (including the deposit paid) up until the cancellation date. If the amount you have paid does not cover the charge for your time on cover, we will bill you for the balance.[/font]

[font=Garamond", "serif]We do not refund any amount which is less than €30. All premium refunds will only be issued as long as:[/font]

[font=Garamond", "serif]    a no claim or loss has arisen during the current period of insurance; and[/font]

[font=Garamond", "serif]            b we have received your certificate of insurance and insurance disc.[/font]

[font=Garamond", "serif]If you wish you can PM me your details so I can have a look at your policy and work out the cancellation for you. Any cancellation requests must be received in writing.[/font]

[font=Garamond", "serif]Una[/font]

Advertisement