Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

TV Guide app for WP8

• 22-09-2013 7:00pm
    Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,393 ✭✭✭

Hi All,

Sorry if this has been answered anywhere else, I have tried to Google, but couldn't find any answers. I have just moved over to the Lumia 920 from iOS (and am loving it so far). I was just wondering if there was a decent TV Guide app (covering Saorview and Freeview) for WP8.

I had previously used TvGuide.co.uk on the iPhone

I could see in the Windows Phone Store that there is an App, or when I go to the tvGuide.co.uk site it tells me to download the app for your Nokia phone. But it doesn't let me download it from the store - that it's for another phone model.

Thanks in advance for tips.
    F.

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 294 ✭✭mark_m360

Hi All,

Sorry if this has been answered anywhere else, I have tried to Google, but couldn't find any answers. I have just moved over to the Lumia 920 from iOS (and am loving it so far). I was just wondering if there was a decent TV Guide app (covering Saorview and Freeview) for WP8.

I had previously used TvGuide.co.uk on the iPhone

I could see in the Windows Phone Store that there is an App, or when I go to the tvGuide.co.uk site it tells me to download the app for your Nokia phone. But it doesn't let me download it from the store - that it's for another phone model.

Thanks in advance for tips.
    F.

It's because it is region locked to the UK.

Here is a quick tip for you:
    Settings:Language & Region:Country - UK.
    Then hit the reset button on screen.

After it resets, go back to the website and it will prompt you to download the app, which you can now do so.

Then reset back to Ireland if that's what you want to do.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,393 ✭✭✭Fingleberries

mark_m360 wrote: »
    It's because it is region locked to the UK.

Here is a quick tip for you:
    Settings:Language & Region:Country - UK.
    Then hit the reset button on screen.

After it resets, go back to the website and it will prompt you to download the app, which you can now do so.

Then reset back to Ireland if that's what you want to do.

Great stuff, thanks. I didn't know that the store was linked to the region on the phone.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 294 ✭✭mark_m360

Great stuff, thanks. I didn't know that the store was linked to the region on the phone.

Yep it is indeed. There will still be some apps that you can't use such as the BBC iPlayer app as it sees your IP address for Ireland and doesn't allow you access any content.

Advertisement