Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Can I Register Business Name and still claim them dole ?

Options
  • 22-09-2013 7:42pm
    Registered Users Posts: 40

I am a web developer and i had an idea for a good website. I need to use a .ie domain so i need to register my business name to obtain the domain.

My question is i am on social welfare and will registering a business name effect that ? It will take me up to a year to even release the website so there will be no profits.

Comments

• Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 17,642 Mod ✭✭✭✭Graham

An individual can apply to register a discretionary .ie domain name under some circumstances. If you're not going to be making any money/trading during the year it takes you to build the website it would sound more like a hobby to me:

Natural Persons
    Personal Blog - Requirements - Links to their current online blog or screen shots of the website the applicant intends to make available at the domain. A copy of the applicant‘s passport or driver‘s license is also required.
    Hobby / Informational - Requirements - Screen shots of the website the applicant intends to make available at the domain. A copy of the applicant‘s passport or driver‘s license is also required.
    Family tree (ie. Joebloggsfamilytree.ie) - Requirements - Screen shots of the website the applicant intends to make available at the domain. A copy of the applicant‘s passport or driver ‘s license is also required.

Source https://www.iedr.ie/discretionary-name-clarification/

Advertisement