Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Disposing of a load of old documents safely?

• 22-09-2013 7:48pm
    Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,809 ✭✭✭

I have a load of old papers I want to dispose of - old PAYE stuff, old payslips, bank statements, that sort of stuff. Too many for my little home shredder and of course I can't have a bonfire anymore either.

Is there anywhere they can be safely be disposed of without the risk of them turning up in a skip or in someone's wheelie bin or blowing around in the wind somewhere?:(

Ideally I'd like to have them incinerated.

Any suggestions welcome.

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,501 ✭✭✭Delphi91

tippman1 wrote: »
    I have a load of old papers I want to dispose of - old PAYE stuff, old payslips, bank statements, that sort of stuff. Too many for my little home shredder and of course I can't have a bonfire anymore either.

Is there anywhere they can be safely be disposed of without the risk of them turning up in a skip or in someone's wheelie bin or blowing around in the wind somewhere?:(

Ideally I'd like to have them incinerated.

Any suggestions welcome.

Fireplace? I've done it before - shredded them in bundles and then burned the shredded bits. That gives the shredder a chance to cool down while you're burning the rest.

• Registered Users Posts: 566 ✭✭✭ABEasy

DGD shredding in Raheen ind estate do confidential shredding, relatively cheap too, charge 6-7 euro for a coal bag size bag of paper

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 55,524 ✭✭✭✭Mr E

I did the same last year - I used DGD. I dumped the envelopes, took all the bills etc. and wrapped them with a loop of twine - the bundle was A4 size and about 4 inches thick. They didn't charge me at all.

Advertisement