Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

High Ping everyday at peak times.

• 22-09-2013 8:10pm
    Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,191 ✭✭✭

I'm on a 2Mb from eircom and everyday at peak times my pings go really high. Like over 300ms. I know it's network congestion but, is there anything eircom can do about it on their end?

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 561 ✭✭✭Dazza

I'm on a 2Mb from eircom and everyday at peak times my pings go really high. Like over 300ms. I know it's network congestion but, is there anything eircom can do about it on their end?

Hey
    Where in cork are you?
    Eircom wont ever fix that. I was with them and had the same issues but moved to fixed wireless and it's great.
    You should look up who's available in your area..

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,191 ✭✭✭uncle_sam_ie

Dazza wrote: »
    Hey
    Where in cork are you?
    Eircom wont ever fix that. I was with them and had the same issues but moved to fixed wireless and it's great.
    You should look up who's available in your area..

Yeah, that's the plan. Nova are now in my area so, I'm thinking of giving them ago.
    How are you finding fixed wireless? Do your pings stay constantly low?

Yeah, that's the plan. Nova are now in my area so, I'm thinking of giving them ago.
    How are you finding fixed wireless? Do your pings stay constantly low?

Hi
    Im with Nova on their 10meg plan. Pings are always the same and speeds never slow down even at peak time
    heres a speedtest i just did:
    http://www.speedtest.net/result/2984820536.png

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,191 ✭✭✭uncle_sam_ie

uhh.. I want this now. How long did it take Nove to come out to your house and install it?

uhh.. I want this now. How long did it take Nove to come out to your house and install it?

About 4 days. Well worth the money imo.
    I get pings of around 15-20 ms on battlefield 3 European servers which is great for me out in the sticks anyway!!

• Advertisement
Advertisement