Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

223 to 243

Options
  • 22-09-2013 8:37pm
    Registered Users Posts: 11

I have a Remington 700 in .223 and I wondering if it possible to convert it to .243? Any ideas

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,296 ✭✭✭rowa

I have a Remington 700 in .223 and I wondering if it possible to convert it to .243? Any ideas

Different case head diameter on the .223 (smaller) so thats something to make things difficult from the start, the bolt face could be opened up, but then the ejector would be in the wrong place ?

• Registered Users Posts: 1,220 ✭✭✭tomcat220t

Hi winchester ,you would need a different bolt and re-barrel .
    Would be cheaper to trade it in for a complete .243 rifle unless you want to got the custom way .
    Regards ,Tomcat .

• Registered Users Posts: 11 Winchester.270

Thanks Tomcat, any suggestions on where to go for a custom build?

• Registered Users Posts: 1,220 ✭✭✭tomcat220t

Thanks Tomcat, any suggestions on where to go for a custom build?
    Hi winchester ,there are lots of references on here to good custom work ...its a straight forward enough job ..what your looking for .
    A lot of guys seem to be happy with Dom Byrne in wexford ..if that helps .
    Best of luck with your rifle .
    Regards ,Tomcat.

Advertisement