Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Difficulty

• 22-09-2013 9:27pm
    Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,246 ✭✭✭

Right I usually use my ps3 solely for call of duty related issues and fifa. But, GTA 5 caught me so I said lets go.

I think the last gta I played was on a ps2, so maybe san andreas, dont think I played many more after that, if any at all.

Now, my question is this, Am I missing anything or am I just bad at the game, I cannot beat that bitch in the running race nor win the car race, (yes im still on this part of the game)

Is there any tricks you may have developed over previous games which gta followers may know or am I just sh1te!

Or

Will it come with more experience and stamina/better car skills (not mine like!)

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,429 ✭✭✭Kenjataimu

ardinn wrote: »
    Right I usually use my ps3 solely for call of duty related issues and fifa. But, GTA 5 caught me so I said lets go.

I think the last gta I played was on a ps2, so maybe san andreas, dont think I played many more after that, if any at all.

Now, my question is this, Am I missing anything or am I just bad at the game, I cannot beat that bitch in the running race nor win the car race, (yes im still on this part of the game)

Is there any tricks you may have developed over previous games which gta followers may know or am I just sh1te!

Or

Will it come with more experience and stamina/better car skills (not mine like!)

I just kept tapping X to sprint like crazy and bet her easily.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,246 ✭✭✭ardinn

tap x? I was just holding it :D

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,429 ✭✭✭Kenjataimu

tap x? I was just holding it :D

Yeah, just holding X is more like a jog in comparison. :)

Repeatedly tap it and he will sprint.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,132 ✭✭✭Andy_rse

First time I done it I was tapping sprint constantly and I soon ran out of stamina, second time I only sprinted when she did to keep close then went all out in the final stretch.

For the car race just keep calm and take ur time with the corners and turns, you'll bang into things less and should be able to beat them.

• Registered Users Posts: 478 ✭✭jimmy180sx

When driving use franklins special skill (slow mo driving) for going around the tight corners. This seems to slow down the other drivers too. Press both analoge sticks. Each character has a special skill. (I play on xbox, so correct me if wrong about buttons). Also when racing the woman, i was jumpin down the stairs, which gave me a good lead.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 12,553 ✭✭✭✭Varik

I cannot beat that bitch in the running race nor win the car race, (yes im still on this part of the game)

Do as the others say but the an easy way to get ahead is by jumping down the stairs rather that running down them as you go slowly doing that. You can also cheat and jump a fence.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,246 ✭✭✭ardinn

Thanks for the tips :D

• Registered Users Posts: 97 ✭✭FizzyCola

Use Franklin's white car for the race. It's quick but not quick that you'll crash easily. I used a crap car first and had about 8 goes at it. I did it on my 2nd go with Franklin's car. Apparently being in 5th after 3 corners is abandoning the race.

Most of the time I was doing well until I'd do something stupid like piling into a house or pull off a few shots of the pistol on the home stretch and failing the race because I scared another driver.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,967 ✭✭✭Liamalone

In the running race don't slap the bird, race gets stopped due to assault :(

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 12,478 ✭✭✭✭gnfnrhead

Andy_rse wrote: »
    First time I done it I was tapping sprint constantly and I soon ran out of stamina

I collapsed with the finish in sight! :mad:

Jumped the fence and down the stairs on the second attempt and easily won.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,756 ✭✭✭Thecageyone

I find I can get through most missions first time, had to re-try a few, but more so retrying sections [thankfully there's check points! for me] - But I would only get frustrated if I attempted to 100% the missions. I'm not one for bothering about that, I like a game to be fun, not excruciating :D

Not done any races yet but I have Franklin's car pimped out and it corners like a dream now.

Advertisement