Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

DI Canio sacked.

13»

Comments

Sounds like he should be a drill sergeant and not a football manager

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 9,207 ✭✭✭maximoose

Sounds like a complete mentalist.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,877 ✭✭✭RayCon

Sounds like he may be out of work for while - you d'fuk would hire that ?

• Moderators, Regional East Moderators Posts: 23,231 Mod ✭✭✭✭GLaDOS

maximoose wrote: »
    Sounds like a complete mentalist.

Sounds like Paulo Di Canio :p

Cake, and grief counseling, will be available at the conclusion of the test

• Registered Users Posts: 1,752 ✭✭✭markesmith

Not really a surprise, but where do the Mackems go from here? The North-East seems to be cursed with managers these days.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,670 ✭✭✭jonnny68

Di Canio introduced some bizarre things in the dressing room @ Sunderland and by all accounts most of the players didn't like him.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 15,115 ✭✭✭✭loyatemu

We know have the choice of 3 former Sunderland managers for the Irish job...

Di Canio/Keane joint-managerial dream-team?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,601 ✭✭✭Corben Dallas

Very interesting reports from the newspapers.... sounds like he managed football clubs like a dictator fond of temper tantrums.

When heard about the Ketchup/Mayo ban it was only going to be a v short reign as Sunderland Manager. Humiliating JOSH in front of the whole team for an individual error in a team game is bad management. end of.

O'Shea was a v good 'Utility' squad player, good enuff to fill number of positions up to Champions League lvl. U don’t get to play at ManU for that number of years without being high standard.

Unfortunately some fans think... soon as any player leaves ManU they become bad players. blinkered. Josh obviously not world class like Keane, Beckham, Giggs, Cantona etc but more than good enuff to be a squad player in multi-league winning team.

Like to see Churbishley get the job.

It would seem that let alone was a believer in fascism allowed to take on a premier league club he even implemented a fascist regime over his players. .

• Registered Users Posts: 1,752 ✭✭✭markesmith

At least the team coach ran on time!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,345 ✭✭✭keeponhurling

Humiliating JOSH in front of the whole team for an individual error in a team game is bad management. end of.

O'Shea was a v good 'Utility' squad player, good enuff to fill number of positions up to Champions League lvl. U don’t get to play at ManU for that number of years without being high standard.

Unfortunately some fans think... soon as any player leaves ManU they become bad players. blinkered. Josh obviously not world class like Keane, Beckham, Giggs, Cantona etc but more than good enuff to be a squad player in multi-league winning team.

Like to see Churbishley get the job.

Yes but Sunderland lost that match to Palace directly as a result of poor, sloppy play from JOSH, who was captain.

Di Canio only told the truth. Better than him trying to pin the defeat on some random decision by the referee in the first half to award a throw in or something like that.

Surely JOSH isn't that delicate that he can't handle fully justified criticism?
    Maybe his 50k a week wage can help him keep the chin up.

Di Canio wouldn't have criticised some immature teenager who they took a chance on, JOSH is experienced and knows he must do better

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 13,720 ✭✭✭✭thebaz

Yes but Sunderland lost that match to Palace directly as a result of poor, sloppy play from JOSH, who was captain.

Di Canio only told the truth. Better than him trying to pin the defeat on some random decision by the referee in the first half to award a throw in or something like that.

Di Canio wouldn't have criticised some immature teenager who they took a chance on, JOSH is experienced and knows he must do better

what was worse was Ji pulling out of the header , you wouldnt see that at the lowest level Sunday league games - never mind a player making probably a 5 figure sum a week , di Canio did go too far , but some players must bear the blame , Sunderland have been drifting downwards for years , regardless of different managers.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 14,304 ✭✭✭✭ctrl-alt-delete

Behind closed doors in front of the team is fine,

On live TV it is not, it is unprofessional in my eyes.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 28,710 ✭✭✭✭Paully D

Fred Rutten has told the club he will take the job if offered:

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Fred_Rutten

4e0f3c7f292b548d7131aec90bc928e3.png

The odds on Ralf Rangick have been tumbling over the last few days also, although I'd imagine that would be too much of a reach.

Announcement expected in the next 48 hours.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 15,375 ✭✭✭✭Oat23

Rangnick has a cosy job as SD of the Red Bull teams. He'll manage Leipzig next imo when they win promotion and results start going against their current manager. I wouldn't be putting my money on it being him but who knows.

Sky are reporting that Poyet appointment is immenent - think it will be a good choice, Ball said all the right things , but sunderland are going to need more , and something out of the ordinary to stay up , in a very tough league.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 38,985 ✭✭✭✭eagle eye

Poyet sounds like a good choice. Huge job in front of him if they are to survive but I think he has a lot about him and I'd fancy their chances of at least giving it a real go for survival under him.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 46,381 ✭✭✭✭Mitch Connor

Player won't last much longer than do craniotomy. Another poor appointment.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,660 ✭✭✭COYVB

Player won't last much longer than do craniotomy

That's among the best autocorrect gibberish I think I've ever seen!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 34,424 ✭✭✭✭The_Kew_Tour

Good choice imo.

So we've basically brought in Di Canio lite. I'm sure the players (and cleaners this time) will love that!

The standard of candidates were very poor on the whole so I guess I can't complain too much, but I'm not a Poyet fan at all. That said, there's not many better out there either. Awful timing considering there's usually always one or two out there that people would have as a strong candidate, this time there was no-one.

Relegation is inevitable anyway so hopefully he can get us back up next season. Being honest, I'm finding it harder and harder to care what happens these days.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 14,304 ✭✭✭✭ctrl-alt-delete

Paully D wrote: »
    So we've basically brought in Di Canio lite. I'm sure the players (and cleaners this time) will love that!

The standard of candidates were very poor on the whole so I guess I can't complain too much, but I'm not a Poyet fan at all. That said, there's not many better out there either. Awful timing considering there's usually always one or two out there that people would have as a strong candidate, this time there was no-one.

Relegation is inevitable anyway so hopefully he can get us back up next season. Being honest, I'm finding it harder and harder to care what happens these days.

How do you think i feel being a Blackburn fan and having a Sunderland season ticket, i feel the same as you, I don't even have a decent International spell to cheer me up :(

that probably why Poyet is a good choice , it is a gamble - Ball , seamed a nice guy and all that , and the players liked them , but they were going down with him - Poyet might add a spark , that is badly needed with players bought by di Canio - big gamble - Palace, fulham, stoke , norwich look poor - never give up hope in your team.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 25,953 ✭✭✭✭kryogen

Poor choice, I predict it to end in buckets of tears

Fans from former clubs are usually a pretty good barometer and Brighton fans are mixed on him. They say that he had them playing some great football but it did take a while to implement, that he is a bit of a clown off the field, and that he will constantly speak about managing bigger clubs such as Chelsea.

The problem for us is a) we don't have time b) are sick of managers mis-managing off the field stuff after O'Neill's no-shows and Di Canio's Nazi regime and c) have a fan base who rightly won't take too kindly to our manager pimping himself to others he has no chance with, given our position.

Villa fans were spot on about O'Neill, Swindon fans spot on about Di Canio. If Brighton's fans are also correct on Poyet then it's not good news for us.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 9,846 ✭✭✭Moneymaker

The only good thing for Sunderland fans is Poyet's infuriatingly good record of scoring goals vs Newcastle will no doubt translate to his record in Tyne-Wear derbies. :mad::mad:

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 17,154 ✭✭✭✭Neil3030

Poor Paully.

:(

now that it is confirmed , I still think it is the best realistic choice - he did well at Spurs too, and he is brining in taricco as coach , think they will do better than expected . hope so, have a soft spot for them , my dad supports them.

Advertisement