Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Fingal Speed Limit Revisions

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 7,895 ✭✭✭patrickc

the late nights must be getting to you Victor, posting this in radio.

• Hosted Moderators Posts: 3,331 ✭✭✭Splinter

Moved from Radio

• Registered Users Posts: 22,775 ✭✭✭✭The Hill Billy

@Victor - If there is something that you wish to discuss, please let us know. Just posting links does not really facilitate proper discussion in the forum.

Thanks,

tHB

• Registered Users Posts: 8,779 ✭✭✭Carawaystick

I'd a quick look at the maps.
    The main points about Lusk are
    Lowering the limit to Rush to 60 the whole way
    Having a 50 limit out the Skerries road to the Hill lane, and out the Ministers Road past the big house.

Having a 60 limit through Corduff instead of signs
    Having a 60 limit from Balleally lane through Blakes X to the roundabout at tesco's

I'm in favour of some of the lowered limits, like on the ministers road and from the skerries road roundabout back up towards the church lane junction ( this is 80 at the minute with a speedramp!)

But I don't think a 60 limit is appropriate the whole way from Rush to Lusk, or up the Skerries road to the Hill lane.

I think it'd be better to have a 50 limit in Corduff for school times and 80 the rest of the time.
    I also don't think there should be a 60 limit from Blakes cross to Turvey, Now the chuck wagon is moved, there's much less interaction with people at the edge of a road with no path or crossing to cars parked on the Donabate side.

The council also in their wisdom plan to put up 80 signs between Dun Emer and Corduff on Kilhedge lane. I'd make it a 50 limit from Lusk out to Corduff.

• Registered Users Posts: 78,411 ✭✭✭✭Victor

Having a 60 limit from Balleally lane through Blakes X to the roundabout at tesco's
    Which is Balleally Lane?

Here: https://maps.google.ie/?ll=53.518446,-6.168437&spn=0.004414,0.030556&t=m&z=15&layer=c&cbll=53.518438,-6.168456&panoid=6-ZCUb_lDneV58ST9QGaVw&cbp=11,114.42,,0,4.75

Or here: https://maps.google.ie/?ll=53.505507,-6.183071&spn=0.017662,0.122223&t=m&z=13&layer=c&cbll=53.50546,-6.18315&panoid=KcRxHbWzvmFRH48GdNmFiA&cbp=11,45.3,,0,2.73
    But I don't think a 60 limit is appropriate the whole way from Rush to Lusk,
    It's not a great road, with poor line of sight in several places. They've also allowed too much development on it.
    or up the Skerries road to the Hill lane.
    The first bit from the roundabout is 50km/h, then 80km/h - I misread it also.
    I think it'd be better to have a 50 limit in Corduff for school times and 80 the rest of the time.
    Possibly. It might be useful to put in some form of traffic calming to allow people cross.
    I also don't think there should be a 60 limit from Blakes cross to Turvey, Now the chuck wagon is moved, there's much less interaction with people at the edge of a road with no path or crossing to cars parked on the Donabate side.
    "chuck wagon"?
    The council also in their wisdom plan to put up 80 signs between Dun Emer and Corduff on Kilhedge lane. I'd make it a 50 limit from Lusk out to Corduff.
    Or less!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 125 ✭✭SpatialPlanner

Victor wrote: »
    I'm not sure if these are at formal public consultation. I've not been through them yet, but the main action is to change many urban areas from 80km/h to 50km/h. The only 30km/h seems to be at Carrickhill Road in Portmarnock

Yep, this is the public consultation process part. Make submission(s) before the stated closing date. Ultimately this is a reserved function of the council, which means the councillors are the people who adopt the bye laws so maybe you should copy your submission to them too.

Yep, this is the public consultation process part. Make submission(s) before the stated closing date. Ultimately this is a reserved function of the council, which means the councillors are the people who adopt the bye laws so maybe you should copy your submission to them too.

Ah, the formal notice didn't seem to have been posted up when I posted.

• Registered Users Posts: 543 ✭✭✭CorsendonkX

Who will be enforcing these new speed limits? The same people that fail to enforce the existing speed limits broke daily especially in the early mornings?

It is going to be a lot easier to enforce a 50km/h zone than a 80km/h zone.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,269 ✭✭✭cathy01

I think the Skerries road from Balbriggan to Skerries is now 60 it was 80.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 17 Fioni

is that true! thought it was only 60 into skerries after ardgillan and 80 along the main straight

Advertisement