Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Regional work recommendations/ Experience

Options
  • 23-09-2013 7:03am
    Registered Users Posts: 1,672 ✭✭✭

Hi guys im sure this has been started time and time again but im looking for a couple sites where I can find the best place to get regional work . Ive registered with agworkforce and im looking around for others but youd hear horror stories from certain farms and id like to avoid those places. Any recommendations/experiences would be grateful ,im in Briabane and would be willing to travel . Thanks

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 247 ✭✭minzabud

Have a look at the jobs you can do unless you want to end up fruit picking, me and my better half started ours on an oyster farm in SA last week and we love it finish at 3pm most days and about 20 dollars an hour.

Also don't be afraid to tell as many people as you can your story, I was opening a bank account the other day and a customer overheard me talking at the counter and gave me his card for work in a fish processing plant.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,672 ✭✭✭tonydude

minzabud wrote: »
    Have a look at the jobs you can do unless you want to end up fruit picking, me and my better half started ours on an oyster farm in SA last week and we love it finish at 3pm most days and about 20 dollars an hour.

Also don't be afraid to tell as many people as you can your story, I was opening a bank account the other day and a customer overheard me talking at the counter and gave me his card for work in a fish processing plant.

how did you get the job at the farm, what sites were you looking at ?

• Registered Users Posts: 354 ✭✭Alanhooly

I'm in the same boat. Even if people who have previously done 3 months regional and found the work/farmer to be fair, could you please send me a message or post on here. Thanks.

guys any help? id appreciate it

• Registered Users Posts: 49 !Nicky!

CELLBLOCK-Bundaberg

Spent 6 months here. All I'll say is, I had probably the best 6 months of my life up there.

If your looking for somewhere to go and just have a laugh for the three months and not worried about making/saving money etc this is the place to go.

Has the most awful reviews on the net from people that come,don't like it and leave straight away. The owner loves the Irish, they work hard and they like to party.

If you're a good worker, you get a good job there, if you're not then you wont.

Party atmosphere pretty much every day and constant fun.

Definitely a recommendation if you're looking for a good farmwork/holiday experience.

Hostel is clean, Beds are Large, Nice pool, Bar, Good Kitchen and storage. Right in the city so close to everything.

If you want any more info gimme a PM.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,088 ✭✭✭LaHaine

!Nicky! wrote: »
    CELLBLOCK-Bundaberg

Spent 6 months here. All I'll say is, I had probably the best 6 months of my life up there.

If your looking for somewhere to go and just have a laugh for the three months and not worried about making/saving money etc this is the place to go.

Has the most awful reviews on the net from people that come,don't like it and leave straight away. The owner loves the Irish, they work hard and they like to party.

If you're a good worker, you get a good job there, if you're not then you wont.

Party atmosphere pretty much every day and constant fun.

Definitely a recommendation if you're looking for a good farmwork/holiday experience.

Hostel is clean, Beds are Large, Nice pool, Bar, Good Kitchen and storage. Right in the city so close to everything.

If you want any more info gimme a PM.

ive heard terrible reviews about that place. If you drink with the owner you're set but if not its crap. Part of the problem really. So much conflicting information.

Id recommend the sugar bowl working hostel in Childers. especially if you can get into Simpsons avocado farm.

lads im really finding it hard to locate regional work, whats the usual thing that people do , head to a working hostel and hope for the best ?

• Registered Users Posts: 23 conor_db

Im looking for regional work starting january or febuary aswel going to try find some construction work in regional QLD but its hard enough to come across. I'm out on the barrier reef at the moment but i dont think it counts towards the visas.

• Registered Users Posts: 49 !Nicky!

You still stuck for regional work mate??

Advertisement