Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Recommend a good cat litter

• 23-09-2013 8:46am
    Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 838 ✭✭✭

Pumpkinseed's post on the Chillout Zone reminded me that I've been meaning to find a new cat litter. I've been using World's Best for years and I love it - it's really easy to keep the litter trays clean and they don't need to be emptied out nearly as often as with other cheaper brands. However the price is an issue and I'm also starting to really hate the smell. It's unscented, but made from corn so has a strange mealy smell.

Can anyone recommend a good clumping litter that doesn't cost an arm and a paw? I find the clumping ones much easier to keep clean (I currently only have to empty the trays every 3 weeks or so).

Ideally it should also be flushable or biodegradable - I don't actually flush the litter, but one of the trays is in the bath and I want to be sure a build up of bits won't clog the drain.

I might be convinced to try an non -clumping litter if it's really, really good. ;)

ETA: I'd prefer a non-scented litter. Or rather, my cats would.

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 952 ✭✭✭Themadhouse

Have you tried mixing baking soda in with the litter? It tends to calm the corn smell down. If you have an agri store near you you can get a 25 kg bag of chick crumb for €13. Its the same as worlds best, just not as fine. But is does smell the same so we use the baking soda.

• Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators Posts: 9,770 Mod ✭✭✭✭DBB

Another thread on the topic has been created here:
    http://www.boards.ie/vbulletin/showthread.php?t=2057045535

I'll close this one now so that future posts are all in the one thread.
    Thanks,
    DBB

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement