Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

What's with all the Anti-Arthur Day campaign ?

12345679»

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 3,956 ✭✭✭Doc Ruby

crusher000 wrote: »
    Was in England last week. Opening hours are 24 hour. I was out until 3:00am and every where was calm. No one kicking the crap out of anyone outside the take away or at the taxi rank. People went home when they had enough including myself.

Fucking animals.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,656 ✭✭✭C14N

Slightly different scenario though - passive smoking has a direct, measurable and tangible effect on non smokers in the same pub and employees. There's no such thing as automatic "passive drinking" - any harm done to third parties is as a result of specific individuals and not simply a direct result of alcohol being consumed.

In other words, you can 100% guarantee harm to non-willing participants in a scenario in which someone is smoking and others are not. You can't 100% guarantee harm to non willing participants in a scenario in which someone is drinking and others are not. You can predict it, but you can't guarantee it, hence why I don't approve of sledgehammer legislation.

I wouldn't say that's true. Passive smoking can be fairly harmless a lot of the time, there's no guarantee of any real harm. In any case, the ban was not just for passive smoking but also to just discourage a culture of smoking and it worked very well in that regard.

All that being said, I'm not in favour of legislation banning stuff like Arthur's Day either. I just think people need to cop on a bit with it.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,337 ✭✭✭Archeron

I'd be up for that, I know a few people who are scared of clowns, a national clown invasion could be lulzy indeed ;)

Combined with the zombie march? A drunk zombie clown march is just what this country needs. I'm with you on this one.

Advertisement