Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Best no fuss deal?

Options
  • 23-09-2013 10:39am
    Registered Users Posts: 20,836 ✭✭✭✭

I'm looking to switch my dad to a better deal. He's currently on the same deal he's been on with o2 bill pay for the last 4 years or so. I'd be looking to switch him to another bill pay plan (or rolling monthly or anything where he won't have to have the hassle of buying credit and monitoring when he topped up etc). A monthly bill would be much better for him.

As far as I know tesco have a pay monthly deal where it's unlimited texts, calls and data for €25? If I want to switch him to this, what's the process? Does he need to give o2 a months notice and how about getting his sim replaced to a tesco micro sim?

Any help appreciated!

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 577 ✭✭✭neilmulvey

cormie wrote: »
    I'm looking to switch my dad to a better deal. He's currently on the same deal he's been on with o2 bill pay for the last 4 years or so. I'd be looking to switch him to another bill pay plan (or rolling monthly or anything where he won't have to have the hassle of buying credit and monitoring when he topped up etc). A monthly bill would be much better for him.

As far as I know tesco have a pay monthly deal where it's unlimited texts, calls and data for €25? If I want to switch him to this, what's the process? Does he need to give o2 a months notice and how about getting his sim replaced to a tesco micro sim?

Any help appreciated!

to switch provider, you go to new provider with

id
    account number with current provider
    bank details for DD

they sign you up and switch you over. I switched from o2 to Three in April in Blanch and fill in details, went for wander for half hour, came back and job done.

• Registered Users Posts: 20,836 ✭✭✭✭cormie

Well that sounds simple, what about 30 day cancellation notice period and that kind of thing? Also, how would it work with tesco given that they don't have any phone shops so to say.

• Registered Users Posts: 472 ✭✭pms7

Have you looked at 48 months plans. Sim only beats the rest.

From what I've seen of 48, you need to top up and then you have to pay for additional calls and anything over 250mb on top or something like that? Also, isn't there the chance that after 48 months they will kick you off or something along them lines? I just want to stick my dad on a plan I know is good value and let that be it for the next 4/5 years :)

• Registered Users Posts: 472 ✭✭pms7

Is he going to use more that 300 mobile minutes and 60 land minutes and 1GB per month? For ten euro. Also higher plans. You can top up for year ahead. Four years is a long way away! I think it's a great deal. Expected crap support but alway email back in day or so

• Advertisement

Not sure of his usage to be honest, was hoping to just stick him on an unlimited plan so no need to worry about usage, for an extra tenner or so it could be worth it. From what I've seen Tesco were the best at the time about 2 months ago?

• Registered Users Posts: 4,739 ✭✭✭nava

Also have a look at the 30 Day sim only plans with Meteor.

Don't forget check his phone is unlock if he got it from O2 when he got the contract is probably lock to O2, he can request the unlock on the O2 website.

Thanks for the tip, I've a phone here for him to replace his old one so it's all good with the unlock :) Will check how meteor compare but I think Tesco might be the one to beat?

Advertisement