Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Sega announce new 2D fighting game

Options
  • 23-09-2013 10:48am
    Moderators, Music Moderators Posts: 25,868 Mod ✭✭✭✭

So, what do you do when you purchase one of the worlds best regarded 2D fighting game houses?

Release a game in direct competition to them, of course!

http://shoryuken.com/2013/09/21/sega-announces-new-2d-fighter-dengeki-bunko-fighting-climax/

For those who don't care, it's a similar deal to Tatsunoku- Dengeki Bunko publish a series of light novels and Sega are pulling characters from there.

It's been noticed in some of the initial screens that some of the backgrounds are pulled from Sega titles. The scuttlebut over on SRK is that this could be a crossover title, again a la TvC.

I'd be a day one buy if so, imagine Tyrus Flare or Blaze Fielding or Cody- er, Axel in an FG. Probably just a rumour though.

rcBy0u3.jpg

So far looking very anime girl fightery, tbh...

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 3,239 ✭✭✭UberPrinny_Baal

This is good news, if for no other reason than Sega seems to support their fighters.

They put a lot of money into tournaments for VF5:FS and gave early copies to people like the Ultrachen guys so that they could be community-made tutorials available pre-release.

They also did a series of how-to-play videos coverall all the mechanics and characters on their own official youtube channel.

If they put even half that effort into this thing, it would definitely sway me towards a purchase (regardless of the waifu fighter thing).

• Registered Users Posts: 3,333 ✭✭✭Sairus

Screw Alex. I want Ulala, Beat and Vyse to be throwing down.

Also, to paraphrase an SRK quote: "Oh wow! A Japanese 2D (currently) all girl fighter featuring skinny girls in skirts with swords."

• Moderators, Music Moderators Posts: 25,868 Mod ✭✭✭✭Doctor DooM

Yeah, everything possibly good about this is in its potential, as opposed to what's been said.

• Registered Users Posts: 933 ✭✭✭Doyler01

Cant wait for this. Squeeze a few out as I play. New main game!

• Registered Users Posts: 18,707 ✭✭✭✭K.O.Kiki

I hope they add Imca.

X0GxP6nl.jpg

Look at that massive gunblade!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 876 ✭✭✭Aurongroove

I wonder if they would cameo a Claymore or two, I always though that Series was begging to be made into a 2D Fighter.

• Registered Users Posts: 876 ✭✭✭Aurongroove

Also. this game looks like it's being designed especially to get BigStupidGuy into 2D fighters.

aww beybeh

• Moderators Posts: 8,678 ✭✭✭D4RK ONION

Didn't realise that Asuna and Shana were in those screens. Interesting.

• Registered Users Posts: 136 ✭✭Chris IWS

I'd be a day one buy if so, imagine Tyrus Flare or Blaze Fielding or Cody- er, Alex in an FG.
    Sairus wrote: »
    Screw Alex.
    ... Do you mean Axel? OG status revoked.

"GRAN APPA!"

Advertisement